Windows 10 How to remove Windows 10 from Windows Update

rockyjoe1

Honorable Member
Hello all. I downloaded what I believe is the Windows 10 installer after clicking the Windows 10 icon in the system tray. After this happened I changed my mind and decided not to install it, so I have not installed Windows 10. My problem is that every time I start Windows Update now I get a window at the top that says "Upgrade to Windows 10" with a "Get Started" button and a size of 2,847.8 MB. I don't want to see this anymore and also would like to get rid of the 2,847 MB file. Not only that but when I click "Check for updates" on the left it takes a lot longer than it used to and doesn't show me the updates on the main screen anymore. I have to click "Show all available updates" now. And finally, Windows Update no longer goes out to look for updates on its own anymore to shoe me that updates are available. I have to run Windows Update manually now. And yes, the setting are set to "Check for updates but let me choose whether to download and install them". Can someone please help me? Thanks,

*forewarning I am really drunk* Microsoft is really pushing for everyone to upgrade to Windows 10. So the one and only way to get rid oftis is to upgrade to Windows 10.

lol. Upon further investigation I found a registry change that solved the problem. I don't think it downloaded anything. It just told me how big the file would be. I've decided to ride out Windows 7 until its end of life then switch to Linux. I'm running Linux Mint on my second machine and I love it. Thanks for your help.

I thought you did very well.. Better than probably i would to be honest. I haven't been drunk in ages so would probably be a right mess lol

Back