Windows 7 How would you rate Windows 7

I would rate windows 7 10/10. Userfiriendly and many more reasons to be in love with windows 7. Infact there is site on which i am working http://windows7.iyogi.com

Why does the link you provide have a bad WOT rating? I clicked onto it, it's rated as an untrusted site.

Don't take my word for it. Looks like an ad site.

Capture (WOT).PNG

Cat

So windows 7 has been out for a good while how would you rate it. Do you love it, like it, 50/50, dislike it or wish I never installed it. So far I have had few too no problems with 7 it is so much better than vista I have to say i love it.
I hated it to begin with, but once you are used to it its nearly as good as XP and a thousand times better than Windows 8.

About a week ago I received an announcement from the HP online store that they were offering desk and laptop computers with Windows 7 installed instead of Windows 8. They must either have a lot of leftover licenses, or customers are asking for an alternative to Windows 8. I purchased four extra OEM versions of Windows 7 Professional 64 bit to save for future builds.

So windows 7 has been out for a good while how would you rate it. Do you love it, like it, 50/50, dislike it or wish I never installed it. So far I have had few too no problems with 7 it is so much better than vista I have to say i love it.

I went right from XP to 7.

I don't know if it is hardware or software, but on my Lenovo T520, Windows 7 often seems to outrun itself. Sound like nonsense? It will post an error something like "That system is not functioning", then carry on normally anyway as if it had looked for some key response a bit too soon, posted about it and then got the response milliseconds later and continued. (No use asking for a specific. It happens on many different occasions in many different situations.)

Apparently most people like something I hate - windows taking so many decisions out of the users hands. Like, for instance, the fact that Aero was active from the very beginning, screwing around with my screens and windows, and there are still some remnants of it hanging around. It's MY screen, let ME control it. Hot/New doesn't impress me.

JimL

I would rate windows 7 10/10. Userfiriendly and many more reasons to be in love with windows 7. Infact there is site on which i am working http://windows7.iyogi.com

I have to agree..! That stupid green CGI coloured start-up screen. Plus no actual start-button menu.

I already have a smartphone and tablet that I always have to keeps cleaning the screen from all the tapping and swiping. Do you think I really want to do that on a full-sized monitor all the time...?!?!?

I have to agree..! That stupid green CGI coloured start-up screen. Plus no actual start-button menu.

I already have a smartphone and tablet that I always have to keeps cleaning the screen from all the tapping and swiping. Do you think I really want to do that on a full-sized monitor all the time...?!?!?

Buy a Mouse!
H

A lot of people blamed overheating laptops and hardware problems on Windows 7 at first.

:red_smile:Erm... probably I went through that phase.

I like that it has Chess :up: and a bunch of other stuff Windows 8 had ripped out.

I have it installed on an SSD now and it works brilliant even on my old Athlon 64.

Running Windows 8.1 and couldn't be happier. Liked 7 but 8 in my experience is just faster.

Sent from my LG-D802 using WindowsForum mobile app

I have 9 tabs open on the top of Firefox. This post is one of them.

On one of the tabs, I'm at Best-Buy, I looking for a good but great deal on a laptop.

I want a 1-TiB drive, 8-gigs of ram, half-decent cpu. Found 2. One for 449.00 and other for 439.00

If I buy one of the 2... I'd wipe the drive. Then put a spare copy of Windows-7-pro on it, and dual-boot with PCLinuxOS. I have to be able to duaL-boot..!

Though this "menu reviver" sounds interesting........

Windows 7 is an awesome OS.

On a scale of 1-10, I give it an 11+ !!

Under Vista, my x64 system used an average of 1.6 GB RAM; Vista x86 - about 1.2 GB

Windows 7 on each -
x64 - 1.2 GB RAM
x86 - 700 MB RAM

Quite a difference!

I have been working with Microsoft Windows 1, and 7 is the best ever, I love it.

Well time for the windows outsider to chime in.
Out of the operating systems I have used the best that I can think of are Ubuntu 8.04/10.04, openSUSE 13.1, Windows 2000 and Windows 7.
Windows 7 is probably the odd man out in my grand scope of OS's, as a linux fan I see windows 7 as an actually very good OS that is stable, secure, fast and often quite reliable.
It reminds me a lot of windows 2000 my favorite OS in the Microsoft line, it too was often quite stable, reliable, secure and fast.
I like its use of the UAC, after the disaster in Vista over its UAC this was a big improvement (I only used vista a handful of times and if not set properly vista was annoying as all heck with its UAC)
I feel it runs smooth overall, not even touching my 4 gigs of ram.
But 7 has its downsides, it boots very slow compared to its contemporaries and aero can be very taxing even on decent hardware like mine.
Another I have with modern windows in general not just 7 is the constant and annoying reboots to get it updated, its a real pain too on a fresh install and I am often saying "what the hell!" often shaking my fist aimlessly as the shut down screen teases me about shutting down.
I would say 7 hits middle of the road for me, 5/10 if I had to scale it as while I do like it some of the quirks of the OS do put me off and make me wish I can boot back into linux a little sooner.
If it wasnt for the constant reboots I would probably rate 7 a little higher like an 8 but those reboots are very annoying for someone who just likes to get stuff done already as opposed to wait 9 hours watching a blue screen say not to power off the computer while the updates take a painful amount of time installing.

Most people who likes Win 8/8.1 are those who prefers using a tablet/touchscreen, first time PC owners and those who have never used Windows since XP. Now, I said "most", not "all". We can't argue with them if they like Win 8. I have 2 Win 8 machines, but they are no match with my main PC running Win 7. :p

Cheers!

@ badrobot: Then perhaps the fact that I use a PC only would be a factor when I'm deliberating wether to switch or not? Or maybe not even consider switching?
Windows 7 is a hard act to follow, and if the 8.1 'experience' isn't a significant improvement why bother?

Edit: Afterthought: I am very reluctant fo 'fix what ain't broke' - there will be problems to deal with anyway without my actively seeking ones out.

Sorry. I didn't clarify that what I said is purely an opinion. You should have tried the evaluation version of Win 8 which was FREE but already expired last January. Personally, Win 8 is not for me. I also have a 10" Win 8 tablet because I just want a "PC" more portable than a laptop not because it is running on Win 8. :) The "switch" is up to each and everyone. And going back to the topic.. Win 7 is 10/10.

Cheers!

badrobot, you said: "You should have tried the evaluation version of Win 8..." well, I didn't because as I understood it a user was forced to deal with the Metro thingy and I don't like being forced to do this and that using a product I've paid for.
It looked like an OS geared exclusively to tablets and smartphones and devices with touch screens and I like my PC-and-keyboard setup so that was a turn-off right there.
But I understand that the option to boot straight into the desktop, which is how I like it, is restored with v. 8.1. However, 'the jury's still out' on Windows 8 as far as I'm concerned, and with Windows 7 the great OS all-around that it is it will take a lot of convincing to make me switch.

No harm will be done if you did try it. It was FREE and no obligation to buy the full licensed version. But good for you for sticking up to your principles. I don't like it too but I ended up getting it just for the heck of it. Anyway, I set it up to function like Win 7 with the FREE Classic Shell software. :)

Screenshot (53).png

My main PC is Win 7:

desktop.jpg

Cheers!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom