Windows 7 howto full transparent window, not just bordar?

tuhintt

I can see nice transparency (with border and body) when I open "Add gadgets windows". Why not all other window like "my computer"? is it possible to add bluer transparent to 'my computer' like gadgets window?

The only real way to have transparent windows is to download or install programs that have transparent windows by default. One of these is the Firefox 3.7 Alpha 4 Preview available for Windows. You can enable Aero Gass in this, so it is transparent. You can download it Link Removed due to 404 Error. Other than that, it is up to an individual program to have transparency enabled. There may be some people online that have a transparent copy of Windows Explorer, so just ask for that more specifically.

Thank u.

Thank u. is it possible to bluer transparent to explorer windows like my computer, drives... without any other apps?

Tnanks,

Thank u very much. Don't understand why Microsoft don't add this to all windows, only in gadget.

With the standard windows API you can set your own level of transparency for any window (except 3d), 0 to 255. (Not like 'Add Gadgets' window though).

Link Removed due to 404 Error

TRANSPARENT.jpg

Nice to know,

Thanks, nice to know it can be done without 3rd party software. Can u pls explain how to do window transparent using (0 - 255)? i love to know.

Thanks, nice to know it can be done without 3rd party software.
There is no way without doing some programing, e.g. ShowWindow Function (MSDN) or Link Removed - Invalid URLLink Removed - Invalid URL.

Autohotkey (very easy to use, very popular):

n=0
!+t::
WinGetActiveTitle, T
if n=0
{
WinSet, Transparent, 222, %T%
n=1
Exit
}
WinSet, Transparent, Off, %T%
n=0
Exit

It'll make your active window semitransparent (or whatever value you set 0-255) when you press Alt-Shift-t. If the active window is already transparent, it'll make it opaque.

There is no GUI for it, you need to do some quick scripting. Try AutoHotkey, it's very easy: install it, write your program in Notepad, then save it as .ahk - and you can run it.

There is no way without doing some programing, e.g. ShowWindow Function (MSDN) or Link Removed - Invalid URLLink Removed - Invalid URL.

Autohotkey (very easy to use, very popular):

n=0
!+t::
WinGetActiveTitle, T
if n=0
{
WinSet, Transparent, 222, %T%
n=1
Exit
}
WinSet, Transparent, Off, %T%
n=0
Exit

It'll make your active window semitransparent (or whatever value you set 0-255) when you press Alt-Shift-t. If the active window is already transparent, it'll make it opaque.

Back