Windows 7 HP C5250 MSI.netdevicemanager40 Fatal Error

cherrio

Extraordinary Member
Trying to reinstall a HP 5250 Printer/scanner. Downloaded the update package from the HP site, but it will not install and gives this error: MS VC90.MFC version 9.0.21022.8 public key token "1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b" Fatal Error MSI.netdevicemanager40

I downloaded the HP problem solver but it didn't help after many tries and reboots. I found on the web a reference to "go t microsoft and download the windows installer cleanup utility. you can click this link: www.support.microsoft.com/kb/290301 " When I go to the microsoft link it refers only to Office - but yet other web references also point to this cleanup tool for installer.

Does anyone know if the cleanup tool work on Win 7 64 bit?

You are not alone. A quick Google search shows the problem is prevalent thanks to lax support from HP. Hp officejet 4500 wireless software will not install - HP Support Forum

I would contact HP by phone immediately, as the problem is prevalent through their driver software and has a good chance of rendering your printer useless thanks to some incompetent programing on their end. Of course they do not want you to actually call them or write drivers that work properly... this would involve actually paying people and spending money :)

There is no Windows Installer Cleanup Utility in Windows 7 - it is discontinued. You may ask, shouldn't the software realize this? Not when its written poorly.

For the cleanup purpose, you can use Revo Uninstaller which does its work really well. If it were me, I'd be complaining, or send the thing back.

Back
Top Bottom