Windows Vista hpqste08.exe & hpqtra08.exe safe to disable?

ocetalo

Hi there. I have Windows Vista Home Premium on an Acer Aspire 5100 laptop, a simple HP Deskjet D1460 printer and no scanners or something alike installed. I want to disable them or set them to manual but I don't what could happen. Is it safe to?
Thanks in advance. God bless you.

Hi there. I have Windows Vista Home Premium on an Acer Aspire 5100 laptop, a simple HP Deskjet D1460 printer and no scanners or something alike installed. I want to disable them or set them to manual but I don't what could happen. Is it safe to?
Thanks in advance. God bless you.

Hi,
if you mean you want to un-install the printer then yes you should be able to with no problems. If you want add a safe guard then create a system restore point before you take any drastic measures..

I don't want to uninstall the printer. Those two processes are in the task manager when I open it. I understand that when they're running they use some memory. If it is safe I'd like to recover that memory.

Hi! Happy New Years! I'm not sure but think you want to recover disk space ( Junk Files created by the printer) Erase and recover.... I use a product called "Window Washer" It erases and cleans junk files, which I'm sure would give you more memory.

Hi! Happy New Years! I'm not sure but think you want to recover disk space ( Junk Files created by the printer) Erase and recover.... I use a product called \"Window WasWindows Vista Forums - Reply to Topicher\" It erases and cleans junk files, which I'm sure would give you more memory.

Hi Celestra. That is not what I'm talking about. In fact, I had no idea about those junk files. Your suggestion is very interesting, thanks a lot.
What I mean is to stop those processes from running just in case they are not needed, because they are using computer resources. However, I have checked some info out there and found it is better to leave them alone. God bless you all.

I see, you want to know if your computer printer is running after it has accomplished its task. You can check in the Task Manager and disable from there. I have closed running programs from there occasionally. I can't remember, I had something stuck, and I couldn't close the program. 103 prints requested, I don't know how it got that idea. Forgot how I fixed it-- let me look. Maybe Kemical can advise.. Here's a link: Link Removed - Invalid URL

No, in fact I want to disable not really useful stuff which keeps running all the time in the background whenever doing it is safe. I already got an answer: I was told I should leave these two processes alone because disabling them will affect my printer drivers.
Thank you so much. God bless you.

I'm glad someone gave you that answer, for some reason your question just didn't click inside with me. "hpqste08.exe" is a process installed along side your HP Imaging Devices. It provides additional configuration options for these devices. It's a non essential process but should not be terminated unless suspected to be causing problems. Whoever told you not to monkey with it is absolutely correct. It's good to learn all your processes actually.

For curiosity only! How much memory is it consuming, as shown in the Task manager?

Back