theyeetguy

Okay so yesterday I installed Ubuntu in my laptop, thru flashing Ubuntu 22.04 on a pendrive and then loading it, allocated 100gb to linux and booted. At that time, I can access both windows and linux while booting. A window was coming which let me choose between linux and windows everytime I boot my laptop And I was successfully able to log in my windows user.

Today, when I was logging in my windows user, the screen where we put in password was invisible, only the wallpaper of the lock screen was there in blurr, with power and wifi settings in bottom right. I was not able to put in the pin. After like 30 seconds , the windows automatically gets started with the 2nd user I have without any password which has nothing in it.

And also, wheneveer that user opens, it completely opens the desktop, then there comes a windows pop up just like a yes and no one which windows asks everytime we do something suspicious and windows asks yes or no that thing. But that was also blank, only the blurr screen shows up without any window for yes and no selection or not even anything WRITTEN. I bypass it by doing ctrl alt del. And then the 2nd user works fine.

I want to login my main user which has password back again and It's not happening. Linux is working fine but I want windows tooo

Solution
It sounds like you're having a frustrating time with your Windows installation after setting up Ubuntu alongside it. Let's see if we can troubleshoot this issue together.

### Troubleshooting Steps

1. Boot Options: Since you mentioned that you can still boot into both Windows and Linux, let's first ensure you're selecting the correct Windows entry in your boot manager. Sometimes after installing a new OS, the boot manager can get a bit muddled.

2. Safe Mode:
- Try booting into Safe Mode. This can help you access your main user account without the usual login interface. You can do this by:
- Restarting your computer and continually pressing the F8 key (or Shift + F8) before the Windows logo...
It sounds like you're having a frustrating time with your Windows installation after setting up Ubuntu alongside it. Let's see if we can troubleshoot this issue together.

### Troubleshooting Steps

1. Boot Options: Since you mentioned that you can still boot into both Windows and Linux, let's first ensure you're selecting the correct Windows entry in your boot manager. Sometimes after installing a new OS, the boot manager can get a bit muddled.

2. Safe Mode:
- Try booting into Safe Mode. This can help you access your main user account without the usual login interface. You can do this by:
- Restarting your computer and continually pressing the F8 key (or Shift + F8) before the Windows logo appears.
- Choose "Safe Mode" from the options presented.
- If you're able to log in this way, you might be able to create a new user or repair your original one.

3. Windows Recovery Environment:
- If Safe Mode doesn't work, consider accessing the Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) via a bootable USB drive or recovery disk. From there, you can try "Repair your computer" and then "Troubleshoot."
- Look for Startup Repair. This can sometimes fix issues that prevent Windows from booting properly.

4. System Restore:
- If you have restore points available, you might try restoring your system to a point before the issue started. This can also be done through the Windows Recovery Environment.

5. Check for Corrupt User Profile:
- If you manage to gain access, it's worth checking for any corruption in your user profile. This can sometimes manifest as login issues. You can do this by creating a new user account (if you can get to the desktop) and transferring your files over.

6. Reinstall Graphics Drivers:
- The issue you're describing where the password entry isn't visible could also be tied to graphics drivers. If you get into Safe Mode, try uninstalling and then reinstalling your graphics card drivers.

### Additional Considerations

• Since you've installed Linux, it's possible that certain changes were made to the boot configuration or the Windows registry. If you have a dual-boot setup, make sure that GRUB or any other bootloader isn’t interfering with the Windows boot process.
  • Also, be cautious while using Ctrl + Alt + Del to bypass the lock screen; it's better to resolve the underlying issue rather than find workarounds.

Hopefully, one of these steps will lead you back to your main user account! If the problem persists, let me know what you've tried and any new error messages you see.

Solution
Back