Windows Vista I keep having to sign in

kemical

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
Has anyone else noticed this? Almost every time I visit the forum I'm having to retype my info'... Until a few days ago I only needed to fill out the signing in page once and I was ok until I actually removed the cookie from my machine after I've ran an anti-spyware scan. Now I've noticed it happens if i've removed the cookie or not... Is it me or changes to the sites software? Mike or bios, any ideas?

This is an unusual problem. I will take a look at it within the next few hours, and let you know what I come up with. It is possible that a configuration change was made.

Update: Thanks for letting us know about this! This may have also solved our other problems we were having. It should be fixed permanently.

Regards,
Mike

Hi Mike,

glad you found out what it was... I thought perhaps I'd changed a setting on my rig somewhere but then I thought 'we'll it's not happening at the other forums I frequent... Anyways, I could tell a difference straight away.. Thanks for the help :D

Hi superbill, usually I never log out, perhaps bad practice I know, but as i visit so often (maybe 3-4 times a day at least) I just pop in and out. As I explained previously though, normally I would only have to sign in after I'd cleared my cookies after doing a scan with something like anti-spyware. I know you can configure these scans to leave certain cookies alone but it's never really been a problem... Anyhow I've popped into the forum at least 3 times today and only had to sign the first time so it is fixed as far as I'm concerned. One thing I did notice though... Whatever Mike did made nearly all the threads show up as new posts.. As soon as I checked them they went back to the normal colour.. I've checked again and thats sill how they are..Maybe it was a case of Mike having to re-set something?
Much thanks to Mike though for the prompt action..

Has anyone else noticed this? Almost every time I visit the forum I'm having to retype my info...
I thought it was My imagination. I was like ...I thought I logged in?? Maybe not??
confused-smiley-013.gif

Whatever Mike did made nearly all the threads show up as new posts.. As soon as I checked them they went back to the normal colour.. I've checked again and thats sill how they are..Maybe it was a case of Mike having to re-set something?
Much thanks to Mike though for the prompt action..

You're right. I've changed the way the server keeps track of that. It was previously using cookies, but its now server based. The actual filename of the cookie we were using was not unique and I fixed that as well. I'm very glad its working for you once again.

Hi Mike,
Nice to see forum owners continually working and updating the system.. Keep up the great work!

Kemical.

Back
Top Bottom