Gman6466

right now I am having a few problems with my newly built pc on windows 10. first of all, the start menu is not working. whenever I try to open the start menu or settings it just does nothing. my second problem is that the error “you’ll need a new app to open this ms-wpc link” keeps popping up whenever I log into the computer. I can click on the screen to hide it temporarily but it would come back in 30 seconds or so. to be completely honest I don’t know where to start on either of these problems.

Solution
ms-wpc is Windows ParentalControl so it's likely associated to that, so you can try the following command from a powershell prompt.

Get-AppxPackage -Name *parent* | % { Add-AppxPackage -Path "$($_.InstallLocation\AppxManifest.xml)" -Register -DisableDevelopmentMode If it returns nothing than it worked, but if you get any red errors let me know.
ms-wpc is Windows ParentalControl so it's likely associated to that, so you can try the following command from a powershell prompt.

Get-AppxPackage -Name *parent* | % { Add-AppxPackage -Path "$($_.InstallLocation\AppxManifest.xml)" -Register -DisableDevelopmentMode If it returns nothing than it worked, but if you get any red errors let me know.

Solution
we do have parental controls on this computer, that most likely has something to do with it.