Windows 10 I really need help

Ok, I have a windows 10 PC problem. Its either malware or a virus or whatever else there is. Antivirus didn't catch it. It wont let you open your start menu or search with cortana. After a while even the mouse stops working. I tried to press shift then restart from the login to do a system restore, reset, everything. It blue screens after about 5 seconds saying WDF_VIOLATION. Do any of you have a idea. Also I lost the windows repair disc.

ussnorway

Windows Forum Team
Staff member
Premium Supporter
= major cpu error... this error is not something you can fix.

I recommend you format the system and try again.

Well now it won't turn on so I suppose that is bad. I'll look into getting a recovery disc.

now it will turn on. It is saying ">> checking media presence......... >> media present......... >> start PXE over ipv4 then ipv6

I think that is the hard drive speaking :/

Well. I have done some looking into on the other working computer, and I found that it happens when there is changes in the BIOS settings :/

bochane

Honorable Member
It tells you that it will boot from PXE - the network.
Try to get in BIOS by pressing a function key (see your manual) just after startup (in POST Power On System Test) and disable the netwerk boot

I got a windows recovery drive, it booted instantly into it (I thought was unusual) I then tried a hard reset and it says "unable to reset your pc. the system drive cannot be found" then during a refresh it says the drive is locked. I tried some commands on prompt like chkdsk v: /R and it didn't work either

I unplugged and plugged back in the hard drive now thats working, but the computer still randomly freezes then after restarting the whole cycle repeats

kemical

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
Microsoft MVP
Ok, I have a windows 10 PC problem. Its either malware or a virus or whatever else there is. Antivirus didn't catch it. It wont let you open your start menu or search with cortana. After a while even the mouse stops working. I tried to press shift then restart from the login to do a system restore, reset, everything. It blue screens after about 5 seconds saying WDF_VIOLATION. Do any of you have a idea. Also I lost the windows repair disc.
Hi,
if you post in the section here including your dump files I'll take a look at them:
Windows 10 Blue Screen of Death (BSOD)

This thread will help you collect the data needed:
How to ask for help with a BSOD problem

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.