Windows 10 I really need help

Clayton Pinter

Ok, I have a windows 10 PC problem. Its either malware or a virus or whatever else there is. Antivirus didn't catch it. It wont let you open your start menu or search with cortana. After a while even the mouse stops working. I tried to press shift then restart from the login to do a system restore, reset, everything. It blue screens after about 5 seconds saying WDF_VIOLATION. Do any of you have a idea. Also I lost the windows repair disc.

Well. I have done some looking into on the other working computer, and I found that it happens when there is changes in the BIOS settings :/

It tells you that it will boot from PXE - the network.
Try to get in BIOS by pressing a function key (see your manual) just after startup (in POST Power On System Test) and disable the netwerk boot

I got a windows recovery drive, it booted instantly into it (I thought was unusual) I then tried a hard reset and it says "unable to reset your pc. the system drive cannot be found" then during a refresh it says the drive is locked. I tried some commands on prompt like chkdsk v: /R and it didn't work either

I unplugged and plugged back in the hard drive now thats working, but the computer still randomly freezes then after restarting the whole cycle repeats

Ok, I have a windows 10 PC problem. Its either malware or a virus or whatever else there is. Antivirus didn't catch it. It wont let you open your start menu or search with cortana. After a while even the mouse stops working. I tried to press shift then restart from the login to do a system restore, reset, everything. It blue screens after about 5 seconds saying WDF_VIOLATION. Do any of you have a idea. Also I lost the windows repair disc.
Hi,
if you post in the section here including your dump files I'll take a look at them:
Windows 10 Blue Screen of Death (BSOD)

This thread will help you collect the data needed:
How to ask for help with a BSOD problem

Back