Windows 7 i played with my audio settings and now i have no sound...

sronsr

first post so be gentle if i did a mistake =]

i noticed that my left speaker doesn't work so i tried to fix it with Realtek HD audio manager and that
didn't work
i tried with the normal settings of windows 7(Start > Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Manage audio devices > Speakers(configure at the bottom))
and i don't know which one caused that but now i have no sound at all except for the subwoofer(2.1 system)

i tried everything i know, i re-installed realtek hd, i changed all the settings the way they were, went back to a restore point etc, no idea,
although i did notice something, if i switch the connection at the back(from green port to any other, black, orange, yellow, blue, pink) and then when Realtek asks me what i just connected, it shows a list of rear speakers, subwoofer/center, front speakers, side speakers etc etc and i pick front speakers it works fine

now i dont care what color it is on the back but i want to buy this week a logitech x530 system and it has 3 ports, i have no idea if they will work

Thanks for any replies!

first post so be gentle if i did a mistake =]

i noticed that my left speaker doesn't work so i tried to fix it with Realtek HD audio manager and that
didn't work
i tried with the normal settings of windows 7(Start > Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Manage audio devices > Speakers(configure at the bottom))
and i don't know which one caused that but now i have no sound at all except for the subwoofer(2.1 system)

i tried everything i know, i re-installed realtek hd, i changed all the settings the way they were, went back to a restore point etc, no idea,
although i did notice something, if i switch the connection at the back(from green port to any other, black, orange, yellow, blue, pink) and then when Realtek asks me what i just connected, it shows a list of rear speakers, subwoofer/center, front speakers, side speakers etc etc and i pick front speakers it works fine

now i dont care what color it is on the back but i want to buy this week a logitech x530 system and it has 3 ports, i have no idea if they will work

Thanks for any replies!

Have you removed your audio devices completely before reinstalling the drivers? Also, have you changed the physical connections between the speakers, sub and computer?

As Jessica mentions, it can be easy to disconnect one of the speaker plugs or wires.

Otherwise, is the attachment like what you are seeing. Make note of what I show as far as selecting the speakers and what the rear plugs do.

Note the advanced settings, where it might be muting some speakers if something is plugged into the front if you have such a setup.

Also make sure the speakers are selected as playback devices when you right click the speaker icon in the tray.

Back