Windows 7 IDE ATA driver issues.

timblack27

OK I'm having some problems with my computer, and the only thing I haven't tried yet to fix it is this:

In my device manager, under IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers, I see this:
ATA Channel 0
ATA Channel 0
ATA Channel 0
ATA Channel 1
ATA Channel 1
Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller

And people are saying that you should be able to get non-generic drivers for that and that may fix the problem I am having.

I am using Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Motherboard: ASUS P5E-VM HDMI
Graphics: Nvidia GeForce 9500GT

I tried to run the Nvidia driver update utility but it said my system didn't meet the minimum requirements? So is there any other way to update these drivers, or is something else wrong?

The original problem I was having that this is meant to fix is that I keep experiencing random freezes when on the internet, and especially when downloading files or streaming videos online. I have tried at least a dozen possible fixes and this is pretty much the last thing it could possibly be.

OK it recommended that I install Intel INF update utility and Intel Graphics Media Accelerator driver. I did the INF one , but when I tried to install the other, it says that "Your computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing this software, Setup will exit". And I can't figure out why it does that.

Now my device manager looks like this:

IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers
ATA Controller 0
ATA Controller 0
ATA Controller 0
ATA Controller 1
ATA Controller 1
Intel(R) ICH9 Family 2 Port Serial ATA Storage Controller 2 - 2926
Intel(R) ICH9R/DO/DH 4 port Serial ATA Storage Controller 1 - 2920

I know why it has been saying that my system doesn't meet the minimum requirements to install those drivers, I have both a built-in graphics chipset (Intel G35) and my PCIE card, which I guess disables the built-in one when it is active. I took my better card out to try to install the drivers that program suggested, but couldn't get anything done due to constant freezes. This problem is really getting me angry now.

Back
Top Bottom