Windows 7 IE 11 problem.

eskimoshoog

Hi all,
Just recently my IE11 browser will not allow me to open multiple pages.
When I try the following error splashes up and will not go away no matter how many times I click close or search the web for a solution.

Here is the error report:

Problem Event Name: BEX

Application Name: IEXPLORE.EXE

Application Version: 11.0.9600.17631

Application Timestamp: 54b31a70

Fault Module Name: IPSEng32.dll

Fault Module Version: 14.2.1.9

Fault Module Timestamp: 54c8223b

Exception Offset: 000c61e2

Exception Code: c0000417

Exception Data: 00000000

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3

Locale ID: 3081

Additional Information 1: 5d6e

Additional Information 2: 5d6ef9135253aecf38a5211f52813d05

Additional Information 3: 0d78

Additional Information 4: 0d78b5f7b5aa516f13d946df3667918d

I do prefer IE11 and understand I can easily move over to Chrome, Firefox etc.
Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance.

There is some information out there currently regarding that particular DLL and some problems from an IE Update (recent update) and security suite products, particularly Symantec / Norton.
Do you have that installed currently?
If so perhaps consider uninstalling it and see if the problem disappears.
Apparently you can then re-install Norton and the problem does not seem to reoccur.

Thankyou both for your responses,
Yes bassfisher6522, I did initially refresh my IE settings, I should have mentioned this sorry.
But still this pesky fault continued.
Trouble, I have Nortons Internet Security and would have done what you suggest but as it stands now I do not have error messages occurring at all, for the last 4 days it has been playing up and now today has again settled down allowing me again to open multiple pages without an issue.
So it seems to have resolved itself,
If I have another issue I will do what you have suggested.
Again, thankyou both.
Cheers.

Fault Module Name: IPSEng32.dll seems to be your problem. I would run a sfc /scannow in elevated command prompt. And if that does not help, a startup/repair.

Dear eskimo, quite often these problems are due to updates. Since we have so many of them with different programs, they may collide. Some programs collide more often than others.

A few days of patience is recommended, before taking the jump off the cliff. Not trying to be smart, like agent 86,

Back