Windows Vista IE8 and Live Mail freeze when connecting to internet

gariva

Hi, I been having a problem for some days now.

I have RC installed on 3 different machines. Being my work laptop (HP 6910p with 3GB RAM) the first one. So far I love W7. Much better that Vista. More stable and the new features on the desktop and taskbar are very cool.

For a week or so I been strugguling with the fact that every time I open a new browser (IE8) window or tab it takes a lot of time "connecting", close to 30 seconds, before it displays the New Tab and you can start your browsing. Once I have the "New Tab" the browsing speed is ok (either on my corporate LAN or at my house WIFI).

This problem started at the same time, maybe is the same cause, that Live Mail started to take a very long time in downloading new messeges. Here the problem is that once Live Mail has downloaded the headers and you switch between messages every time you jump to a messaage that hasn't been fully downloaded it takes a lot of time to get it, even if the message is just a word or two of plain text.

I think that somewhere windows is taking forever to "open" or start a new internet connection and this is affecting everything.

I know this is not a normal thing on W7 because I've been using RC1 since day one and this only started a few days ago. and I also just installed a clean version on my wife's the new laptop with everyting working ok.

Can someone help? Is there anything I do?

It is becoming very annoying.

Thanks
Gariva.

Solution
It seems like you're experiencing slow performance when opening new browser windows or tabs in Internet Explorer 8 and delays in downloading messages in Windows Live Mail on your Windows 7 machine. This issue could be related to network connectivity or system settings. Here are some steps you can try to troubleshoot and improve the situation: 1. Check Network Connection: - Make sure your network connection is stable and functioning properly. Slow internet connectivity can lead to delays in opening new tabs in the browser and downloading messages in Live Mail. 2. Clear Browser Cache: - Clear the cache in Internet Explorer 8 to ensure that the browser is not loading from old or corrupt data. This can sometimes speed up...
It seems like you're experiencing slow performance when opening new browser windows or tabs in Internet Explorer 8 and delays in downloading messages in Windows Live Mail on your Windows 7 machine. This issue could be related to network connectivity or system settings. Here are some steps you can try to troubleshoot and improve the situation: 1. Check Network Connection: - Make sure your network connection is stable and functioning properly. Slow internet connectivity can lead to delays in opening new tabs in the browser and downloading messages in Live Mail. 2. Clear Browser Cache: - Clear the cache in Internet Explorer 8 to ensure that the browser is not loading from old or corrupt data. This can sometimes speed up browsing performance. 3. Update Internet Explorer: - Check if there are any updates available for Internet Explorer 8. Updating to a newer version might improve performance and compatibility. 4. Disable Add-ons: - Disable unnecessary add-ons in Internet Explorer that might be causing the slowdown. Sometimes, add-ons can affect browsing speed. 5. Check Security Software: - Ensure that your security software is not causing conflicts with Internet Explorer or Live Mail. Temporarily disabling the security software for testing purposes can help identify if it's the cause of the issue. 6. Check Windows Updates: - Make sure your Windows 7 system is up to date with the latest updates from Microsoft. Sometimes, new updates can address performance issues. 7. Check System Resources: - Monitor your system resources like CPU and memory usage to see if any resource-intensive processes are causing the slowdown. You mentioned your laptop has 3GB of RAM, which should be sufficient for basic tasks, but monitoring resources could still be helpful. 8. Reset Internet Explorer Settings: - Resetting Internet Explorer to its default settings can sometimes resolve performance issues. This will clear out any customizations and settings that may be causing problems. By following these steps, you may be able to identify and resolve the performance issues you are facing with Internet Explorer and Windows Live Mail in your Windows 7 environment. If the issue persists, you may need to further troubleshoot or seek assistance from technical support.

Solution
Back