Windows 7 ie9 fails to re-install on win 7 64 bit home

kurteb

Extraordinary Member
excess ie9 crashes prompted me to attempt a fix, i uninstalled ie9, updated the ie8 that was left after a restart, had the ie9 downloaded, after updating ie8 fully, tried to reinstall ie9, but installation aborted with Troubleshoot problems when you cannot install Internet Explorer 9 as my only recourse. i tried the fixit wizard, which just deleted adobe flash, but gave the same error message, and on rerunning it, said there were no errors to fix, so now i'm using firefox, ie8 awaits real help, any ideas? :(

excess ie9 crashes prompted me to attempt a fix, i uninstalled ie9, updated the ie8 that was left after a restart, had the ie9 downloaded, after updating ie8 fully, tried to reinstall ie9, but installation aborted with Troubleshoot problems when you cannot install Internet Explorer 9 as my only recourse. i tried the fixit wizard, which just deleted adobe flash, but gave the same error message, and on rerunning it, said there were no errors to fix, so now i'm using firefox, ie8 awaits real help, any ideas? :(

i found the source of my misery, it was an annoying kb update that was placed in installed updates that had no description, just the kb number, and it allowed uninstallation, so i did, voila, ie9 installed - sherlocked it :)

one more benefit, when i checked ie9 for updates, i found that all of the ie9 updates were saved and none were needed :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom