Windows 7 I’m getting the ntoskrnl.exe missing or corrupt message

reidthaler

Upon OS boot up, I’m getting the ntoskrnl.exe missing or corrupt message. It started after I re-partitioned some hard drives to free up some space. I booted up and got the error message.

I tried to boot up to my back up OS and still got the message. I tried to re-install a drive image, using Acronis start up disk, but got the message that no hard drives were found.

Being desperate, and not being able to boot to my back up OS, nor re-install a drive image, I re-installed Windows 7 (I could only find my build 7700 RC disc), installed Acronis True Image, and then tried to re-install the MBR, from an image to the drive I was trying to boot from. I then wasn’t able to boot to any drives, again, and re-installed Win 7 again, and made a drive image. I re-installed that image to another drive and was able to boot to that drive, but when I tried to re-install a drive image with by OS and programs, I got the error again. I’ve tried 3 different images of my OS, but always getting the error.

I’m at a loss as to what to do next, I’ve tried re-installing the OS drive image to a disk with only one partition, I’ve tried unplugging the other drives and trying to boot from just the one, but still get the error.

The only thing I can think of doing next is to find my OS disk, re-install the OS, programs and settings, which I obviously don’t want to do.

I had been using a Easy BCD boot manager, so there may be an issue with the boot.ini file, but I need instruction on how that file works, what I should look for in that file, and where it resides, when you have multiple OS on a system.

Would this work:

To install Easybcd on XP, you need to first download and install .NET Framework 2.0 from MS

Download details: .NET Framework Version 2.0 Redistributable Package (x86)

D/L and install Easybcd

Download EasyBCD 1.7.2 - NeoSmart Technologies

A. Click Manage Bootloader

Attachment 1093

B. Make sure "Reinstall Vista Bootloader" is selected, Click Write MBR

C. Select Add/Remove Entries

D. Select Windows Vista/7, Click Add Entry, Click Save

Don't worry it says Vista - NT6 compatible MBR is the same for Vista and 7.

Thanks,

Reid

Use microsoft windows 7 back up and restore function

once you open the program it will give you an option to back up or create an image

:p

Back