Windows 8 Image size on monitor has changed

Colonel Biggs

I am using Windows 8.1. Recently, when viewing a graphic on the monitor, I accidentally hit one or more keys on the lower part of the keyboard. The image immediately re-sized to a smaller size. Even when closing and re-opening the program, I am confronted with the reduced-scale image size. This has not affected any other software that I have on the computer, however.

How do I correct this situation?

Gordon
Houston, TX

Hard to tell what might be going on since you don't state what utility you were using to view the graphic, but have you tried holding the CTRL key and rolling the mouse wheel?

Hard to tell what might be going on since you don't state what utility you were using to view the graphic, but have you tried holding the CTRL key and rolling the mouse wheel?

Sir Saltgrass --

Please excuse the delayed response, since I have been traveling. You are right on the money. Despite the many years that I have worked with computers, using the Control key and the mouse wheel in combination is one I have never run across. I don't know what keys I must have hit to cause the size reduction, but the fix is perfect.

Many thanks for your prompt response.

Gordon

Hi

You are not alone.

I'm surprised all the time how many people don't know that holding the "Control Key" and moving the mouse wheel allows you to zoom in and out in any browser, and many other applications.

It's been that way for as long as I can remember but I used computers for years, before someone pointed it out to me.

Now I use it all the time.
At 75 not everything is easy to see, sometimes the type in web pages is just too small, zoom, I can fill my 27" screen with one paragraph of copy.

It's a great aid for the aged, LOL

Mike

Hi

You are not alone.

I'm surprised all the time how many people don't know that holding the "Control Key" and moving the mouse wheel allows you to zoom in and out in any browser, and many other applications.

It's been that way for as long as I can remember but I used computers for years, before someone pointed it out to me.

Now I use it all the time.
At 75 not everything is easy to see, sometimes the type in web pages is just too small, zoom, I can fill my 27" screen with one paragraph of copy.

It's a great aid for the aged, LOL

Mike

Hello, Mr. Extraordinary --

I must confess that in four months I will be 76, but I'm not cheering yet. I think my computer history goes back to Word Perfect 4
and MS DOS. I still write programs occasionally in dBase, although the 64-bit platforms have forced me to use VMware in order to load 32-bit platforms so that I can run in antiquity.

I use Control + C and Control + V extensively, but I cannot tell you why I have never run across Control + the mouse wheel. I guess we're still learning, after all!

Thanks for your response.

Gordon

Back