Windows 10 insert drivers into ISO with MSMG toolkit

livix07

Honorable Member
Is it possible to insert drivers in .exe format into ISO with MSMG toolkit? Will they be actually installed during Windows installation?
Does anyone have experience with that?
I have never done this and there is someone who needs a customized Windows installation ISO. Unfortunately the manufacturer of the motherboard only offers drivers in .exe format, see here:
Support For H110M PRO-VH | Motherboard - The world leader in motherboard design | MSI USA

I cannot answer your question.
But, as I understand it, when you initially install/reinstall, windows, assuming you click the option to install updates at the start, Microsoft installation will download and install the latest drivers they have received from the manufacturers..

Their can, of course, be beta drivers available which will not be provided. Also, rare third party hardware may need a better search
Nevertheless, answers to your query could be interesting, as you could possible put them into older Isos which you may have stored.

The problem is this:

5 min after that person installed Windows 10 on his computer and logged in, the screen got dark and froze. Ever since then he cannot even get to the login window. He reinstalled Windows 10 several times and same thing happened. So he basically cannot install the drivers after Windows installation.

This is the reason why I would like to make a custom installation ISO with the drivers already inserted, hoping that they will be installed during Windows installation. But as far as I know only drivers in .sys and .inf format can be inserted into ISO. Or am I wrong?

Drivers don't come in .exe format those are just the installer. The only time you need to inject drivers is if the system won't install Windows. The generic drivers are sufficient for running the system until the correct drivers are installed.

IMHO. I think the computer may be having a bigger issue than drivers. Have you tried restarting in safe mode for a closer examination?

IMHO. I think the computer may be having a bigger issue than drivers. Have you tried restarting in safe mode for a closer examination?

He tried to install the drivers in Safe Mode but got errors like this:

error.jpg

What does the log say?

I will tell him to send the log files to me. He cannot upload them to this forum.

Maybe the previous drivers have been outdated and thus causing that issue, try updating via the driver updater and retry.

With Regards,
Xovo Larjem

He tried to update the drivers while in Safe Mode but it said the drivers were already the newest.

Back
Top Bottom