Windows 7 Installation just freezes at expanding files..

ProSiNNeR

I tried many times to install 7 ultimate but it just freezes at expanding files even the 3 dots freeze i tested my ram and disc for errors but everything is ok i left only 1 ram but nothing i disabled all the peripherals in my mobo but nothing also checked my hdd for errors and its ok aswell:mad:..xp and vista install without problems..:(

System Specs: MSI 975x Platinum PowerUp Edition
Intel Core 2 Duo E6600
2X1GB DDR2 Memories
EVGA 9800 GTX+
Seagate 320GB

I tried many times to install 7 ultimate but it just freezes at expanding files even the 3 dots freeze i tested my ram and disc for errors but everything is ok i left only 1 ram but nothing i disabled all the peripherals in my mobo but nothing also checked my hdd for errors and its ok aswell:mad:..xp and vista install without problems..:(

System Specs: MSI 975x Platinum PowerUp Edition
Intel Core 2 Duo E6600
2X1GB DDR2 Memories
EVGA 9800 GTX+
Seagate 320GB

Sound like issues with your media. Did you burn an ISO and if so what speed? If you are POSITIVE about your media's integrity, you could try installing with a USB DVD Drive or USB stick.

Sound like issues with your media. Did you burn an ISO and if so what speed? If you are POSITIVE about your media's integrity, you could try installing with a USB DVD Drive or USB stick.

I burned an ISO image at 4x with UltraIso..

Can also be a broken ISO, could need to redownload it and verify its checksum.

Are you still running the RC version of Windows 7?

Or is it a purchased disk with both 32-bit and 64-bit editions?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom