Windows 7 Installation of Windows 7 (7048 onwards) on Vaio TT and Vaio Z

kerryburn

Guys

I am hoping you can help me, I have been trying to install Windows 7 to my 2 x Vaio's ( a Z21WN/B and a TT 11VN/X) in both instances and with builds 7022, 7048 and 7057, 32 and 64 bit, I am getting a request for CD / DVD Device drivers at install. This is just before you get to the section where it allows you to configure the drive. The annoying thing is that it is reading the CD / DVD drive to load the startup files and then getting no further!

I have tried to obtain drivers for the drive and tried pointing the 'browse' at the ini files on the install to and make it use the cdrom.sys. All to no avail!

I wondered if anyone on here had solved this problem, and if so, how do I install it! I have also tried an external USB drive and the same problem!

I look forward to any suggestions.

Kerry

Kerry

Hi Kerry, It seems like you are encountering an issue with Windows 7 installation on your Sony Vaio laptops, where the setup is asking for CD/DVD device drivers during the installation process. This can be frustrating, especially when it appears to be reading the CD/DVD drive initially but then gets stuck. Here are a few troubleshooting steps you can try to resolve this issue: 1. Check Installation Media: - Ensure that the Windows 7 installation media (DVD or USB) is not corrupted. Try using a different installation disc or create a new bootable USB drive using a reliable tool like Rufus. 2. Use Different Installation Version: - If you are using multiple builds of Windows 7, try using a different build or version to see if the issue persists. 3. Check BIOS Settings: - Enter the BIOS settings on your Sony Vaio laptops and check if the CD/DVD drive is correctly recognized. Sometimes, changing the SATA mode from AHCI to IDE (or vice versa) can help with the detection of the drive during installation. 4. Load Device Drivers: - If the Windows 7 installation asks for device drivers, you may need to provide the specific drivers for your CD/DVD drive during the installation process. Check Sony's official website for the correct drivers for your laptop models and load them when prompted. 5. External CD/DVD Drive: - Since you mentioned that you also tried using an external USB drive with the same issue, ensure that the USB ports are functional and try different USB ports if available. 6. Virtual CD/DVD Drive: - As a workaround, you can create a virtual CD/DVD drive on another computer, mount the Windows 7 ISO, and then connect the virtual drive to your Sony Vaio laptops during installation. 7. Update BIOS and Drivers: - Ensure that your laptops have the latest BIOS version and drivers installed. Updating these components can sometimes resolve compatibility issues during installation. If you continue to face the same problem after trying these steps, please provide more details about the specific models of your CD/DVD drives or any error messages you encounter during the installation process. This information can help in providing more tailored solutions to address the issue.