Windows 7 Installing 7127 over 7100

Carterman32

I know that users were unable to upgrade from the beta to the RC, but is it possible to install RC 7127 over 7100 without doing a clean install?

Short answer.. no.. ;)

Longer answer, yes but after mucking around a little first.. ;) Build 7127 is from the RTM branch so unfortunately it's not as simple as just upgrading from the RC.. A clean install is the way to go.. :)

Can't upgrade from 7100 to 7127 - howto?

Short answer.. no.. ;)

Longer answer, yes but after mucking around a little first.. ;) Build 7127 is from the RTM branch so unfortunately it's not as simple as just upgrading from the RC.. A clean install is the way to go.. :)

Hello! Yes - that may be true - but how? I just finish downloading build 7127 and is now trying to upgrade my "old" build 7100. Each time I start the installation proccess it pops out with this message:

"The following issues are preventing Windows from upgrading. Cancel the upgrade, complete each task, and then restart the upgrade to continue.

Your current version of Windows is more recent than the version you are trying to upgrade to. Windows cannot complete the upgrade. "

How can this be? And can I fool the Windows 7 installation to believe otherwise?

Best,
Busch-Jensen

I agree with Radenight,

The best option is a "clean" install, plain and simple.

When you choose the upgrade route, hundreds of useless files and left behind on your system

Any big difference or any real reason to move from 7100? I have installed most of my programs and games etc. and everything is running almost perfect. Any serious reason to start all over again I guess is my question. Thanks

Hello! Yes - that may be true - but how? I just finish downloading build 7127 and is now trying to upgrade my "old" build 7100. Each time I start the installation proccess it pops out with this message:

"The following issues are preventing Windows from upgrading. Cancel the upgrade, complete each task, and then restart the upgrade to continue.

Your current version of Windows is more recent than the version you are trying to upgrade to. Windows cannot complete the upgrade. "

How can this be? And can I fool the Windows 7 installation to believe otherwise?

Best,
Busch-Jensen

Your getting these errors because like I said. build 7127 is from the RTM branch.. it is NOT another RC build.. ;) Therefore, upgrading is NOT a good idea.. A clean install is the way install build 7127.. :) As for fooling Win 7 into letting you upgrade.. you may be able to but it's just not worth it.. Clean install takes 14-15 mins (via USB drive) vs whatver retarded amount of time it would take you to work around those errors.. ;)

Any big difference or any real reason to move from 7100? I have installed most of my programs and games etc. and everything is running almost perfect. Any serious reason to start all over again I guess is my question. Thanks

The differences between the RC and builds 7127, 7130, 7140 (ALL from the RTM branch) are so far negligable.. I wouldn't bother installing them.. The RC works fine and is very stable... If you've got your system running near perfect then I wouldn't mess with it by installing another build that honestly doesn't bring any major changes to the table.. :)

Last edited:
Did a clean install - and - DOH - the build showed up as 7068! Wrong torrent... Will now try to get the real on... No wonder it told me that a newer version was already installed.

Busch-Jensen

Your getting these errors because like I said. build 7127 is from the RTM branch.. it is NOT another RC build.. ;) Therefore, upgrading is NOT a good idea.. A clean install is the way install build 7127.. :) As for fooling Win 7 into letting you upgrade.. you may be able to but it's just not worth it.. Clean install takes 14-15 mins (via USB drive) vs whatver retarded amount of time it would take you to work around those errors.. ;)

The differences between the RC and builds 7127, 7130, 7140 (ALL from the RTM branch) are so far negligable.. I wouldn't bother installing them.. The RC works fine and is very stable... If you've got your system running near perfect then I wouldn't mess with it by installing another build that honestly doesn't bring any major changes to the table.. :)

Back