Windows 10 Installing windows 10 home 64 bit question

John55

Just finished installing the free upgrade windows 10 home 64 bit on my. hp Computer. When it was installing it just told me it's taking longer than usual and Will be ready soon. The Computer restarted and and nothing looks different from my windows 7 64. Bit desktop. can anyone please tell me why and what I should do ? Thank you for any help on this.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439435558.443078.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439435558.443078.jpg
    219.5 KB · Views: 356
That's a windows 10 task bar and start button on the bottom for sure. Click on then start button should be different start menu.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi 99taws6 click on the start button it does look different. But now when trying click on something in the list it will not open up. I try to type in to the search the web and windows that will not work. The Store Icon will not open.

Hi john55. Try right click on the start button and open commend promp as administrator, type sfc /scannow and hit enter. This will check your system files are all ok and fix any problems it finds. I usually do this after an install and usually puts right.

Hi. Paul Simpson did what you told me to do the command prompt as administrator Will not even open when clicking on it.

I would;
1. restart the system
2. turn defender off and Avast back on
3. restart again and set your clock... is this machine getting on a bit, your motherboard may need a new battery?

Good luck with it mate.

My desktop looks like John55, with a image of a window with light shinning thru it, except my screen keeps flashing on and off constantly. Has done this for at least 1 1/2 hours. I finally turned off and restarted. Still doing the same thing. Now what? Can I back out or what are my options? Thanks

Back