Windows 7 Installing Windows 7 on ACER ASPIRE X3200

pjsgurl

Hi there, we bought a pc from pc world and sent off for the windows 7 upgrade. I tried putting in the disc today but it said our computer wasn't listed and that we should download the windows 7 drivers (does anyone know how i find these and what do i download and how do i install windows 7!? :confused:

reghakr is correct, but unfortunately reghakr, pjsgurl Windows 7 is a free copy that is sent and it's upgrade only.
At what point does it say to download drivers?
After setup?

It's an offer a lot of computer manufacturers have right now - buy a qualifying PC running Windows Vista from June something 2009 to January 31st 2010 and receive a free Windows 7 upgrade.
You usually register your product for the upgrade and then manufacturer sends out the Windows 7 Upgrade copy.
It's not one of the two default restore disks that comes with most PC's

But even an upgrade copy,. you can perform a "clean" install.

However,. all the pre-installed applications would not be there,. correct?

But even an upgrade copy,. you can perform a "clean" install.

However,. all the pre-installed applications would not be there,. correct?
Yes. Though they are all put in a folder called Windows.Old along with the users files. So he could go to ROOT\Windows.Old\Program Files and see all the programs he had installed so he'd know which ones to re-install. You can perform a clean install with an upgrade disc though it is a little more complicated then the user would probably want to deal with

I've seen in another post about these two disks. Could you perform "clean" install,. then navigate to the Apps folder on the second disk and install them here?

Or are we getting into dangerous territory here?

Well could be a bit risky, but if we explain it in plain english to the user, we should be fine

If it's easily possible, not likely
Here's how to do it in Vista
Link Removed due to 404 Error
Have to assume the same goes for Windows 7.

Back
Top Bottom