Windows Vista Internet connection problem

coco

Hi guys,
A few days ago I started getting this annoying problem, my internet disconnects after a few minutes, I need to disconnect and restart the router to get it back for a few minutes before it disconnects again.
I tried the "troubleshoot problems" a few times, but all it says is that it didn't find ANY problems.
Now, I had some connection problems when I installed Windows 7, it was the problem a lot of people had when installed Windows 7, something with the IP and the default gateway, but somehow I fixed those and didn't have any problems, untill resently I started getting this problem.
I think what causing this is maybe this windows update > Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB976098),
because when I performed a system restore to a point prior to this update (I think it was the biggest change made to my computer before the problem started) my internet connection was allright, but then Windows Update installed this update again and the internet started disconnecting again.
Another thing I did resently that maybe the cause for this is I enabled UPnP port mapping on my Bittorrent (BitComet) client. I never did this when I had XP, but after installing 7 my port was blocked even after I forwarded it and did all that was needed to open it, so now the port is opened...but maybe this causing the disconnection.

I hope someone can help me, thanks.

-AV is ESET Nod32
-I allways shut the computer off when I'm not on it.
-Defender's settings are all default, automatic scan everyday.

I run Malwarebytes and it found this:
Registry Data Items Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\NoActiveDesktopChanges (Hijack.DisplayProperties) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Back
Top Bottom