Windows 7 Internet Explorer 8 keeps crashing

cornerg

Fire it up and wait 15 seconds and it crashes. I have no addons, I have tried resetting ie8 but to no avail. There is no update and no way to uninstall it. Any suggestions?

Fire it up and wait 15 seconds and it crashes. I have no addons, I have tried resetting ie8 but to no avail. There is no update and no way to uninstall it. Any suggestions?
IT CRASHES WHEN U INSTALL THIRD PARTY PLUG INS, TOOLBARS LIKE ROBOFORM ETC WHICH ARE STILL INCOMPATIBLE WITH W7. u HAVE NO OPTION EXCEPT FROM REINSTALLING W7. TC

If you're using one of the latest build, go to Start > Run and type optionalfeatures. Like I said, if it's a newer build, there will be a checkbox to uninstall IE8.

In the old days when you chose Add/Remove Windows Components, these were actually removed (files, that is) from your computer.

That's changed in Windows 7, all files still reside on the hard drive.

Get Firefox, it's better.

Firefox web browser | International versions: Get Firefox in your language

Thanks, but it's one of the first windows 7 builds so uninstall is not an option and I use Firefox but need Internet Explorer for a dispatch program at work as firefox does not work for it. Looks like a fresh Windows 7 install is in order I guess.

Thanks, but it's one of the first windows 7 builds so uninstall is not an option and I use Firefox but need Internet Explorer for a dispatch program at work as firefox does not work for it. Looks like a fresh Windows 7 install is in order I guess.
This is a Long shot but worth trying as there is no adverse outcome from it.

• Just in case your system files are corrupt resulting in your IE problem , you may try the SFC /SCANNOW command from an elevted command prompt. This will check the integrity of any protected files. If your DLL cache was corrupted you may be promted to insert your win7 Disc for restoring those DLL files from the OS Disc. This can take 20 minutes or so for the file integrity check.
  • If the SFC gives "clean bill of health" my next suggestion would be an emperical test with a Malware removal tool. Malwarebyte is a freeware you can try.
Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Back