Windows 7 Is it Windows 7 worth the money?

I don't believe that anyone with a brain would load a compromised OS on their own system if they could buy genuine for under $100. I know I wouldn't and I am one crazy son of a bitch!

Perhaps.. but I'm sticking by what I said.. I guarantee there would be at least 1 person that would still pirate it if it were under $100..

People already do load compromised software on their systems that is less then $100.. ;) Just off the top of my head an example of this would be Nero 8 Ultra Edition.. I purchased this software at Futureshop for $79.99. And I know of at least 5 people that are still using non-legit copies of it on their brand new computers.. So don't say it doesn't or wouldn't happen because it already does happen quite a bit.. :) And Windows is no exception.. ;)

Perhaps.. but I'm sticking by what I said.. I guarantee there would be at least 1 person that would still pirate it if it were under $100..

People already do load compromised software on their systems that is less then $100.. ;) Just off the top of my head an example of this would be Nero 8 Ultra Edition.. I purchased this software at Futureshop for $79.99. And I know of at least 5 people that are still using non-legit copies of it on their brand new computers.. So don't say it doesn't or wouldn't happen because it already does happen quite a bit.. :) And Windows is no exception.. ;)
Alright, I should have said intelligent people. Most people wouldn't know if that software is sending info to someone who knows how to do such things? Getting bank or Credit info. I think if people were made aware of such things they wouldn't bother with pirated software.

well worth it

I think Microsoft were asking for it charging so much for their os,the average person can't afford it for a home computer,unless it's their job.Xp is still a ridiculous price.How they can charge so much for an os as old as xp,i don't know.But windows 7 is more affordable,as u can get it alot of places now for about £45.I have used pirated software as there is no way i could afford it otherwise,but i've ordered windows 7.It's the cheapest so far and the best.

Alright, I should have said intelligent people. Most people wouldn't know if that software is sending info to someone who knows how to do such things? Getting bank or Credit info. I think if people were made aware of such things they wouldn't bother with pirated software.

I'm probably going to get flamed for this, but here goes.

I encourage people to pirate, and propagate the use of pirated software. I do however encourage people to do so with their guard up against infected and malicious modified pirated software. The only way to combat the tactics Microsoft uses to maintain their monopoly is to hit them where it hurts, their bottom line. Microsoft knows what they have to do to combat piracy, charge a reasonable price. But they wont because that would make it impossible for the executives to write themselves bonus checks worth hundreds of millions.

They are no different than all the other greedy corporations bleeding America dry. If we don't exploit them, we are the ones that get exploited. It's a cat and mouse game.

I'm not saying their cant be profit in businesses large or small, but lets not rape the customer. If I payed $309 for an OS, I would feel like a sex crime victim.

I encourage people to pirate, and propagate the use of pirated software..

Before you grab a bullhorn and climb on the tailgate of your pickup you might consider:

PATRIOT Act of 2001, increases the statute of limitations for hacking
from five to 15 years. Those convicted could be sentenced to life in prison, and
the federal system does no have parole.

Those who give "expert advice" knowing that it may be used in the preparation or
commission of computer hacking are considered terrorist themselves.

You probably are just a "little fish" and not worth the time of the justice
system and you may not live within the boundaries or their reach. But why bring
this kind of attention to yourself? And post it where it will be archived
forever on servers and search engines? Piracy is a type of "trespassing"
crime and therefore includes even harmless pranks like defacing a webpage. In
theory, (under current law) someone could go to prison for LIFE jsut for drawing a

mustash on a photo of the Mona Lisa posted to a website.

I'm not flaming you. I really don't care what you say or do. I'm a writer/publisher so if
you make the news it just makes my job more interesting.

The patriot act was designed to make and end run around these constitutional amendments:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offense to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.

In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the State and district where in the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the Assistance of Counsel for his defence.

The constitution renders most of the patriot act null and void, nice try though. I can stand on a soap box in the middle of time square and explain in detail how to circumvent any computer security system, and there isn't a damn thing anyone can do about it. and BTW I can do so with a fire arm holstered to my hip as well thanks also to the constitution! The second we start to quote the patriot act when we should be quoting the constitution is when we should burn the American flag and fly one of these:
images

images

images

images

The patriot act was designed to make and end run around these constitutional amendments:

The constitution renders most of the patriot act null and void, nice try though. I can stand on a soap box in the middle of time square and explain in detail how to circumvent any computer security system, and there isn't a damn thing anyone can do about it. and BTW I can do so with a fire arm holstered to my hip as well thanks also to the constitution! The second we start to quote the patriot act when we should be quoting the constitution is when we should burn the American flag and fly one of these:

Well do it -- at the risk of wasting most of you time and wealth fighting for your freedom. I'm show up with my vido camera and notepad and make a full report.

One thing is for certain - PayPal will delete your account if you tell people how to fake their authentication.

Man banished from PayPal for showing how to hack PayPal
  • http://go.theregister.com/tl/204/-913/-?td=wptl204
    PayPal suspended the account of a white-hat hacker on Tuesday, a day after someone used his research into website authentication to publish a counterfeit certificate for the online payment processor.

Amen brother,,, Preach On.

Man banished from PayPal for showing how to hack PayPal

• PayPal suspended the account of a white-hat hacker on Tuesday, a day after someone used his research into website authentication to publish a counterfeit certificate for the online payment processor.
And that is PayPal's right to do so.

at the risk of wasting most of you time and wealth fighting for your freedom. I'm show up with my vido camera and notepad and make a full report.

Ummm,, really? I really hope you are not serious.

Amen brother,,, Preach On.

And that is PayPal's right to do so.

Ummm,, really? I really hope you are not serious.

Only if I though they would beat him with a stick and I could sell the video like the Rodney King incident. :D

Gee, ya get the feeling we aren't big fans of hackers here?

Drew

It's not necessarily that...

Let me put it this way: Some of us may not think it's a good idea to publicly admit our affection for "programmers"
who find methods that "extend" the evaluation periods of software.

However I am amazed that download.com lists 1028 software results for "uninstall" ... and I'm sure that at least half of them will totally remove software so that when you install it again the trial period would restart.

Software is considere a Hack or Crack if all it does is extend the evaluation period.... so Im wondering why these "black hat programmers" don't include a screen saver or other little feature with their releases?

PayPal is a private business, and they reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason.

Lets say I publish the instructions explaining how a person can modify an AR15 Assault rifle to allow it to fire fully automatic. Someone downloads such instructions and uses the modified weapon to mow down a school yard full of children. Would I be culpable in his crime? no.

The first amendment may protect some of the most revolting written words ever, but without it we would be living in Cuba, the patriot act was written so the zeal of a few could appease the frightened masses who don't understand why we need the constitution. The patriot act was an attempt by one falsely ellected zealot to take those rights away. It was a chapter of American history where we had to be reminded that the ends never justify the means.

I also forgot that the internet is a multinational, multicultural communications tool and for some of you reading this, the idea of "Rights" is a completely foreign concept. Hell, a good number of Americans don't even know what rights they have. So, let me just make it clear that in the U.S.A. The constitution is the yardstick by which our liberty is measured, and the also the tether by which the law is restrained. Look it up, it's on Wikipedia, or ask your 5th grade son or daughter, they're probably working on the 14th & 15th Amendments by now.

Let me also say that I do not condone the piracy of intellectual property for financial gain. People should not sell someone else's software without proper licensing. That being said, share and share alike.

djarrum;83329Lets say I publish the instructions explaining how a person can modify an AR15 Assault rifle to allow it to fire fully automatic. Someone downloads such instructions and uses the modified weapon to mow down a school yard full of children. Would I be culpable in his crime? no.[/quote said:
Ahhh.... excuse me... excuse me... Look up Terry Nichols ....see where he is today.

a good number of Americans don't even know what rights they have. So, let me just make it clear that in the U.S.A. The constitution

Well... we are getting WAY WAY off the Windows 7 topic here but you know the constution is of little importance today.

Let me also say that I do not condone the piracy of intellectual property for financial gain. People should not sell someone else's software without proper licensing. That being said, share and share alike.

Obviously you don't work for Microsoft. Every feature since DOS... well even DOS itself..... was the idea of someone else.

Ahhh.... excuse me... excuse me... Look up Terry Nichols ....see where he is today.

Theres a big difference between Writing and publishing an article on how to make an ammonium nitrate explosive and actively assisting someone build one knowing they plan to bomb a federal building. Just like there is a big difference between saying "so long as Microsoft charges an outrageous price for their product I encourage people to use pirated copies" and selling pirated copies at the local flee market.

I would think that someone who claims to be a proper journalist would know that, then again you would think a journalist would have a grasp on the English language as well.

you know the constution is of little importance today.

I didn't know that, can you provide a link to this headline? It seems I missed it. I don't know how I could have, however, something this big should have landed in my in-box. I honestly can't believe a journalist would utter such a comment. It's is with deep regret that I must inform you that you sir, are a tool.

Can you upgrade from win 7 pro to win 7 ultimate?

I have a win 7 license key and mistakenly did an upgrade from vista home premium to win 7 ultimate. How do I get it to recognize my win 7 pro license key? I am afraid I will have to start over and do a clean install of win 7 pro. Thanks

I have a win 7 license key and mistakenly did an upgrade from vista home premium to win 7 ultimate. How do I get it to recognize my win 7 pro license key? I am afraid I will have to start over and do a clean install of win 7 pro. Thanks

Do the following to return Windows 7 Back to it's "trial" state, you should then be able to enter a valid Windows7 Pro License key.

Open the command prompt by right clicking and selcting "Run as administrator," then enter the following pressing enter after each line.
slmgr -rilc​
slmgr -cpky​
slmgr -upk​
slmgr -ipk XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX (replace the X's with the trial key that belongs to your product)​

Here is a list of Trial keys, this information is not forbidden, it meerly reverts the corresponding product to it's trial state.

Quote:
you know the constution is of little importance today.
I didn't know that, can you provide a link to this headline? It seems I missed it. I don't know how I could have, however, something this big should have landed in my in-box. I honestly can't believe a journalist would utter such a comment. It's is with deep regret that I must inform you that you sir, are a tool.
Actually,, it's not hard to believe a journalist would say that these days.

I just want to be there when tyranny marches upon them and they beg on their knees to be spared.

Oh never mind,, what am I thinking,, they are the tyrants.

Do as I say, not as I do,, nevermind the man behind the curtain,, See That Apple hanging from that limb? It's not an apple and you don't see it,, I'm a journalist and I know,, it's not really there,, however you may go and taste it, but what you taste isn't really an apple cause I'm a journalist and am telling you, the apple is not there and it doens't taste like an apple.

We report the news that isn't really news to ignore the news that is the news

Back