Windows Vista iTunes incompatibility w/ Windows Vista x64

I

imported_Jake

When closing iTunes it crashes in Windows Vista 64-bit even in compatibility mode. It works fine but when I close it i get "iTunes has stopped working". is anyone else experiencing this problem?

Annoying glitch in Windows Vista. Running an application in compatibility mode seems to create a crash when the app closes. I have NO idea why. I'm using RC1. And I hope it's fixed in the RTM version.

At least it doesn't hurt much. It just drops your reliability index... :(

There is a way of installing Itunes 7 on Vista without issue. Look here:
Link Removed - Invalid URL

It seems.....

I have had other programs that hard crash the system, it seems this is there way of handeling conflicts that arise with drivers or programs. No more blue screen of death just a reboot. Most likely the problem is your pc setup, just send it as a troubleshoot to MS with all your specs on your machine and your problem. This is still early on and we have to expect this kind of stuff will be happening.:frown:

the same

When closing iTunes it crashes in Windows Vista 64-bit even in compatibility mode. It works fine but when I close it i get "iTunes has stopped working". is anyone else experiencing this problem?

Yea I think micorsoft designed this on purpose. I couldn't wait to get vista 64 loaded on my brand new "gaming computer" , only to watch my itunes video's chopped to sherds and constant crashes. I believe microsoft designed it's vista program to cause harm to other secondary vendors. I paid $200.00 for vista, yet I have $500.00 in music and videos on itunes. I got screwed. Tell everyone you know who has spent alot of money on itunes to switch to a mac os.

Apple will probably be releasing a Windows Vista compatible version, hopefully. It seems more than a few companies have waited till the last minute to address compatibility. Vista has been available to software developers for quite some time.

iTunes works fine on my Vista Ultimate x64.... just when it loads it says it cant burn on rip Adudio CDs... but its ripped them so far... ahvent tried burning... gettin iphone this weekend, they say it doesnt sync under x64... will keep u guys posted

I just bought a new ipod touch and I am not able to connect to my vista 64 bit computer. It nevers find the driver. Any clues what problem is this?

I never had a problem with iTunes with Vist 64-bit, until today when my wife tried to burn a CD. Checked it out and it shows that the CD-drive driver is not installed. But, importing a CD had been fine. However, it had been saying that iTunes wouldn't work. This sucks ass.

Anybody know when Apple will step up and support 64-bit versions?

I am having the pop up window at load saying it was not properly installed so can't import or burn CDs.
I don't understand because isn't Mac OS only 64, so if it runs on a 64 mac, should be able to release the program that runs on intel PCs 64. :(

This iPod cannot be used because the required software is not installed. Run the iTunes installer to remove iTunes, then install the 64-bit version of iTunes.

this message comes up when i plug in my iPod touch into my vista x64 computer... any idea how to fix it? as far as i know, apple doesnt have a 64 bit itunes yet, so why is it saying to install one?

anyone else have this problem?

This iPod cannot be used because the required software is not installed. Run the iTunes installer to remove iTunes, then install the 64-bit version of iTunes.

this message comes up when i plug in my iPod touch into my vista x64 computer... any idea how to fix it? as far as i know, apple doesnt have a 64 bit itunes yet, so why is it saying to install one?

anyone else have this problem?

Wassup Brothers,

I get the same error, And I tell you it's really crappy now. First ITunes screwed Vista and I had to re-install (did all the win updates first) then I re-installed Itunes and now I get the stupid error. There is no 64bit for Vista so what can I try now. Don't get me wrong I am an MS freak, I love MS and all their goodies. Have 4 360's Wireless remotes, wheels, Ms, mobile phones I even have a Zune, I love it. But when it comes to the ITouch I get raped. :confused:, If I have to wait for a propper Itunes software it would be fine, but the Touch is not mine is da Wife's, and she loves this silly thing, any advice in how I can get it to work on 64X Premium? My Ipod Video 60 gig works fine with vista but not the touch.

Any suggestions?

TheRidler

Hey folks. caught this thread a few weeks ago when looking for a solution to my iTunes issues in Vista 64-bit. It appears with today's Apple releases and the movie rental stuff they released iTunes 7.6, and on the download page it states support for 64-bit versions of Vista. About damn time!

Now I should be able to get back to syncing my iPhone again.

Just a quick note. I just now got home and tried to download and install. When I downloaded with Firefox I got the 32-bit version. I got an error when I ran the 32-bit version of the install saying I should download the 64-bit version. Seeing again that there was no option to choose 32 vs 64, I tried loading up the website in IE 7. Sure enough, in IE, next to the "Windows XP or Vista" heading is "(64-bit)".

Hi Squinty

Sorry I took so long, I was away for a few days, off to relax.

I got the same error, I am looking into something now I will get back to you once I have found a solution, if there is one.

Ciao

Oi, Sq...

Try the below link, I found it on another forum, where you must get the 64 bit version. itunes64.exe and not itunes.exe.

Click on the direct download for the 64 bit version, this should fix the prob.

LINK: Link Removed due to 404 Error

Ciao

Hi. Have sucessfully installes Itunes on my Ultimate X64. But 1 BIG problem. When i try to log into my Apple Account, the popup window that appears make the itunes to Crash! No problem with Podcasts, but whit this problem i cannot buy songs....Anyone know?

Back