Windows 7 iTunes Won't Open, at all.

veritasvii

I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit. A couple of days ago my itunes started acting strange and wouldn't like to open, I would have to catch it in a good mood and it would open about 1/5 times I would try. Now it won't open at all.

I have tried reinstalling it, I have turned off antivirus while opening it, I have deleted the actual system files of itunes and reinstalled them, I downloaded itunes install twice from apple.com in case I had a corrupted installation file... To no avail. I have also run itunes in compatability mode for vista, I have disabled/enabled my system start ups and restarted. Nothing helps. I also made a guest account to access itunes and it doesn't work either but on the guest account Windows actually says Itunes isn't working would you like me to look for an answer bs bs, and finds nothing wrong.

When the system manager is open and I double click on itunes it shows itunes.exe starting. It goes to 12-15k of system memory and than disappears. I don't get any notifications or errors or anything like that. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

PS- If there is a way to sync my music and apps to my ipod touch other than itunes it would be great because itunes on Windows just doesn't fit. I know I can sync the music with winamp and a plugin I think but the apps pose another problem. :(

This is what EV gives me.

Faulting application name: iTunes.exe, version: 9.0.2.25, time stamp: 0x4afca401
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.1.7600.16385, time stamp: 0x4a5bdb3b
Exception code: 0xc0000005

Back
Top Bottom