Windows 7 Keep getting a notification by Windows firewall

lartomar2002

Widows Firewall keeps popping a notification that host process for windows services Windows Firewall is blocking a inbound from WHS which I assume means Windows Home Server. The problem is I do not have a WHS so why would it keep trying to contact me?

:) What the heck is" Washington Headquarters Service" also the link you provided says that some of my programs may stop working if I reset the firewall back to default.

"Washington Headquarters Service" is the first Google search result for WHS. :)

Don't worry about the warning. No program will "stop" working. You will just get a popup the next time you run the program asking you if you allow an exception in Windows Firewall.

"Washington Headquarters Service" is the first Google search result for WHS. :)

Don't worry about the warning. No program will "stop" working. You will just get a popup the next time you run the program asking you if you allow an exception in Windows Firewall.

Thank you, I now recall that it did show up in my Google search but since it did not apply it quickly forgotten. Alzheimers :D

Just let us know if it solved it for you.

Sorry but, no it did not solve my problem. It seems to be trying to access through my LAN and WAN address, jf this additional info helps. It is also trying both TCP and UDP.

Last edited:
I recently replaced my router, could this be a part of the problem? Since it seems to be blocking something on my network? I have copied the IP addresses that keep appearing with the popping up, how can I track them down?
I also tried disabling Windows Firewall, and switching to enable all and still got the "Blocked Event" pop up.

Please provide the following information:
1. What is the model of your new router?
2. Can you post a screen shot of the pop-up?
3. Do you connect via cable or telephone?
4. The connection on the wall... is it directly connected to a wall jack or is there a filter there?

Please also try to connect to the Internet directly via your modem and not the router and see if this problems persists.

You might try the Whois to check the IP address...or tell us what the address is..

Please provide the following information:
1. What is the model of your new router?
2. Can you post a screen shot of the pop-up?
3. Do you connect via cable or telephone?
4. The connection on the wall... is it directly connected to a wall jack or is there a filter there?

Please also try to connect to the Internet directly via your modem and not the router and see if this problems persists.

Modle# Belkin 750N DB
I connect via cable
I there is no filter. With cable there should not be?
I attached a screen shot, please look to the bottom right corner of the screen shot to see the pop up notification.
And since bing connected directly to the router there has not been any pop up notifications.

Pop up.png

No need for filter with cable. Only with telephone.

Try going into your router settings and change the firewall to disabled. If that doesn't help, or it was already disabled, let us know.
You should have the router icon in the taskbar (Blue capsule). From it, go to "Router Settings".

EDITOR’S CHOICE: Belkin N750 DB Wireless Dual-Band N+ Router Review Belkin N750 Firewall ? Geek Beat Technology News

No that did not fix it. I checked my network sharing and the "turn on printer sharing was checked". I don"t know if I mentioned it before but this is happening on a HP 4530s laptop. Also I can print from this laptop so there is some communicating going on.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Please press CRTL-SHFT-ESC to open your process manager and make it full screen and upload a screen shot of the processes. If there are too many and it doesn't fit on the screen, export a text file list and upload that (or copy\paste the text):

How To: Generate Text File List Of Running Processes In Windows

Also, please install Hijackthis Download HijackThis 2.0.4 - FileHippo.com run it, click "Scan", and then "Save log" and upload the log file (text file).
I have attached the process list When I tried to run Hijackthis it said that it it could not write to file' I have attached a png of the notification it gave be. When I did has suggested with notepad C:\..... in the command prompt it said it could ot find the file. After I closed that notification Highjackthis continued with its scan. Shoud I just let Hijackthis analize the files and then let it fix the ones it found?

Attachments

• list.txt
    9.5 KB · Views: 292
  • Hijackthis popup.PNG
    Hijackthis popup.PNG
    23.1 KB · Views: 444
There are some things I'd like to address but first, ignore the warning and scan with hijackthis. Don't fix anything, just do "save log" and upload the text log that hijachthis generates.

There are some things I'd like to address but first, ignore the warning and scan with hijackthis. Don't fix anything, just do "save log" and upload the text log that hijachthis generates.
When ever I try to upload the file it sas it is a invalid file. The name is highjackthis.log. I tried changing the name to .txt but still no joy. I believe I am jinxed.

Last edited:
I quess you have been busy also. I have been out of town for the past four days. As soon as I can get back I will do that. Thanks

Yes, I moved apartments so it was (and still is) a hectic week.
When you upload or post the text, I'll check it out.

Back