Windows 10 Kmode exception not handled - BSOD

pattybean

Hello, I hope I am doing this correctly I read over on Reddit I might be able to get help solve why I am all of a sudden getting repeat BSOD with KMODE exception not handled, I have tried updating all drivers and even went as far as to do a fresh install. I have never had this issue before I recently installed my new 3090 FE and also an additional nvme drive which I used to have as my main C driver before I removed it from another build and installed in this if thats important.

I have updated the minidump files. Is there any advice on what would cause this or how to fix it?

Thank you

Attachments

• 110720-7078-01.dmp
    2.7 MB · Views: 198
  • 110720-7781-01.dmp
    3.1 MB · Views: 207
  • 110720-6765-01.dmp
    975.8 KB · Views: 207
I seen somewhere online it might be caused by a network driver. I went and bought a 15m Ethernet cable and so far it’s been stable.

and now playing destiny it crashes again. Destiny has been weird too giving me pauses during game play. brief freeze before carrying on.

This has all happened since I installed a second NVME drive from a that i took out of another build which is only 5 months old, never had issues before.

Juist before that i swapped my 2080s for a 3090 FE but im sure it didn't start till after the NVME install.

Hi,

I took a quick look at your dump and it blames Destiny as the primary cause.

As this issue only started occuring after fitting the second NVME I would simply try removing it and see if the issue stops.

Post any new dump files.

Hi,

As this issue only started occuring after fitting the second NVME I would simply try removing it and see if the issue stops.

Post any new dump files.

thank you I am going to try that. I really appreciate you replying. Thank you

Apologies on not answering sooner, just been one of those weeks y'know.. :)

Hi,

Post any new dump files.

thank you I am going to try that. I really appreciate you replying. Thank you

opps I didn’t press send. I’m trying it today. I’ll let you know.

Early results -very promising. Destiny runs flawlessly on (C:\) Its already been RMA'd back to amazon. Interesting point I spoke to the Sabrent rep who said that their NVME drive has issues with X570 motherboards they are currently researching.

@kemical thank you for your assistance and taking the time to have a look for me.

Back