Windows 7 lag in windows 7 RTM

toaderina107

Hey all, I have the Windows 7 RTM 64 bit Enterprise Edition installed on a separate partition of my hard drive, with Vista 64bit on another. I notice that occasionally windows 7 lags for me in places that Vista does not, and it has been discouraging me from running windows7 because Vista just runs better. I mainly notice the lag when typing and using the mouse to click things. There is often a slight delay before the computer responds to my click/keystroke. This mainly happens in google chrome while browsing the internet, but it has also happened to me in microsoft word 2007 and at the log in screen for windows 7 (where I type my password). I really like windows 7, but if this cannot be fixed, I would consider not buying when it comes out, becuase I have no issues with vista.

Here are my specs:

Operating System: Windows 7 RTM / OEM / Retail (Final)
Computer Type: HP Pavilion Elite m9250f
Processor: Intel Core2Quad @ 2.66Ghz
Motherboard: Asus IPIBL-LB
Video Card: Nvidia GeForce 8600GT 512 MB
Memory: 4GB
Hard Drive: 1 TB(2 x 500) SATA 3G @ 7200rpm
Network Adapter: Realtek RTL8168C(P)/8111C(P) Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC (NDIS 6.0)
Monitor: HP w1907
Optical Drives: 16X DVD(+/-)R/RW 12X RAM (+/-)R DL LightScribe SATA drive
Onboard Audio: Realtek High Definition Audio
Mouse & Keyboard: HP wireless keyboard & mouse

I have updated my video card to the latest Nvidia driver on their website, and that hasnt seemed to fix anything. If anyone has any suggestions for drivers I should look into, or solutions to this problem please let me know. Any help is appreciated.

You don't have to double post It's annoying and may take you longer to get help.
Joe

Same problem

I have the exact same problem. Any help would be awesome. Thanks,

-Nd

I have a similiar problem as well, I already made a thread about it, but I lag only in certain programs.
Everything else is running smooth, but I noticed you lag in Google Chrome as well, I lag there too, along with Divx player (web and desktop player), MSN (which forced me to downoad Pidgin to even log in), Quicktime player, and possibly other programs I have yet to use.

My computer is also custom built and only 3 months old, with updated bios and everything.

Don't meant to double post, just wanted to let you know you're not alone.

Back
Top Bottom