Windows 10 Laptop can’t connect to smart tv wirelessly

tm9

Hello please help. I got a laptop Dell inspirion Core i3 that had recently been installed windows 10 and tried to wirelessly connect it to my smart tv (Samsung mu7000 series). The laptop could detect the tv , the tv would ask for permission to connect, I allowed it but the tv wouldn’t connect. I took it back and the guy re-installed windows and now the laptop can’t detect the tv at all. Please help me fix this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The i3 is a very small processing power in relation to the actual demand for Win10, even though it can work.

The drivers for the WiFi networking of the Laptop may be the issue. If you can see if you can install the drivers. Being DELL, it may not be a separate disk or thumb drive as like most desktop computers have. An easy work around is to buy a generic USB WiFi adapter. I bought the D-Link and installed the software that came with it. These are not expensive. Then I had no issue to use my computer wireless. I was having issues using the built in wireless WiFi with some types of programs. I am using Win7.

Thank you very much for your response. I would want to use it without a wifi connection. I will have the drivers checked as you suggested. Thanks once again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unless you actually have a pure wireless display which most computer don't and a wireless display hub you will connect via miracast which will rely on your wireless nic and requires a conenction to your network

Back