Windows 8 Laptop Shutting down automatically while watching 720p Videos (NO BSOD)

There is no way to change the graphics chip, so we can discard that as a possible idea.
I was going to take a couple of snips of the inside of the laptop, but I found this page, which covers about everything we have discussed in this thread.

Y560 overheating and shutting down - Lenovo Community

Frankly, sorry pour cold water on the subject, but I am thinking that your only alternative is, as in my first post, use it as a typewriter and buy a better laptop.
One thing I don't understand, however, is why you should get a temporary improvement and it then deteriorates again. The thermal paste would have been just a thin smear. Sorry if I talk down to you, but you did, of course, apply it between the CPU and its mounting base? My suspicions were aroused by your wording: " applied it to the gpu and processor "

Other than these ideas, I have run out of any further suggestions - sorry.

There is no way to change the graphics chip, so we can discard that as a possible idea.
I was going to take a couple of snips of the inside of the laptop, but I found this page, which covers about everything we have discussed in this thread.

Y560 overheating and shutting down - Lenovo Community

Frankly, sorry pour cold water on the subject, but I am thinking that your only alternative is, as in my first post, use it as a typewriter and buy a better laptop.
One thing I don't understand, however, is why you should get a temporary improvement and it then deteriorates again. The thermal paste would have been just a thin smear. Sorry if I talk down to you, but you did, of course, apply it between the CPU and its mounting base? My suspicions were aroused by your wording: " applied it to the gpu and processor "

Other than these ideas, I have run out of any further suggestions - sorry.

Yeah i watched a video on how to do it first and then only i applied it....
And even i am wondering y would i get better results and then it deteriorates....
Itz just frustrating....

And i'm pretty sure i wont b able to buy a laptop as of now, caz just recently a month ago, i bought a new phone (where I live, there are no carrier contracts, so haf to pay the price upfront) and rite nw i will haf to use this laptop for atleast another 6 mnths...

Edit: I did everything exactly like it was shown in that post...
Its a shame my problem wasnt solved...
Can windows 8 be a possible reason for it?
considering lenovo discontinued support for windows 8 for z560?
However that been said, i do know a frnd of mine whi has win 8 on a z560 and works perfectly, though the only diff bet his system and my system is that his is i5 and 1 gb graphics card, while mine is i3 and 512mb graphics card...

Last edited by a moderator:
If you are able to change the thermal paste on the GPU in a laptop, you have enough skill to troubleshoot this yourself.
Don't let him charge you for it.

That, I'm afraid, is a BIG difference.

Yeah i know...
Dats y itz inconclusive....
But ive seen many ppl with lenovo laptops having such problems..
I guess i was just lucky that mine worked without any problem for 3 yrs straight!

If you are able to change the thermal paste on the GPU in a laptop, you have enough skill to troubleshoot this yourself.
Don't let him charge you for it.

well i gave up! sent the laptop in lenovo for diagnostics and repairs...
Lets see wat they come up with...
Will keep u ppl posted as soon as i know anything....

So had a chat with lenovo people...
They seem to think that mayb the speakers are the ones causing the problems..
D thing is i recently broke down the left hinge of the laptop and had given it for repairs..
Also my speakers were fried since the past two months...
So i askd them to replace the hinge and the speakers as well so that it would be done with..

Wat i failed to mention here was that this problem started occuring as soon as i gt the laptop repaired and new hinges n speakers fit...
Caz i thot there would b no connection between the two events..
They said they would test it 2mrow after removing the speakers and see if the problem exists...
If it exists then they said it would b a graphics chip problem which they are afraid has no solution...

Can any1 tell me if such a problem can occur due to change in hardware?
Or is it crazy to think my laptop is rejecting the new speakers like a bad organ transplant...

Back
Top Bottom