Windows 7 laptop wont connect to wifi?

sweetally4

hello !
seems like this is a pretty frequent problem, so my mom updated her laptop to windows 7 and now it wont connect to our wifi, the laptop is in range and everything looks fine, it even shows that our network is there, but it wont let it connect, theres a red 'X' beside the network name, and thats that... it says that we have the wrong settings for the network, but i checked like millions of times and everything is how it should be, any one know how to fix it?

would be greatly appreciated seeing i dont get my laptop back until i fix hers cause she took mine, oh the joys of being a teenager; who knows lots about computers. D:

anywho, im ranting again, any help would be greatly appreciated..
i'll be checking back time to time,

- Ally <3

hey ally with the ice cream cone next to your name, lets keep it simple first. Go to run and type services.msc then scroll down and see if the WLAN autoconfig is on....then right click on it and set it to automatic. Then go to device manager and make sure your network adapter is updated

Can you gie us the exact make an model of you wi-fi card

Could you please fill in your computer specs in the UserCP link at the top left hand side of the page.

Then click Edit Your Details.

This freeware program will give you all the information you will need:

SIV (System Information Viewer) 4.03

Back
Top Bottom