Windows 8 Launch Camera App through Word

doglogh

I dont know if I am posting in the correct section, but I've been trying to figure out a way to insert a picture into a word document and I have not figured out a way to do this.

Further clarifying, starting from Word, I would like to launch the camera app from it, snap a picture, and have that picture pasted onto the Word document.

I would like to reduce the number of steps it takes to store photos into word. Does anyone know if this is possible or is the only option to open the camera app, take a pic. Close the app. Open Word, insert a picture through the ribbon, browse for it, and then click ok?

What version of Word are you using? What camera are using to snap a picture?

I'm using Word 2010 as part of Office 2010 on my laptop. To add a picture I just select the insert tab, then select the picture icon and it opens up my file explorer and I just select what picture I want. As for using a camera from with in the software itself...in Word 2010 it's not possible. I'll have to check my desktop for version 2013.

What version of Word are you using? What camera are using to snap a picture?

I'm using Word 2010 as part of Office 2010 on my laptop. To add a picture I just select the insert tab, then select the picture icon and it opens up my file explorer and I just select what picture I want. As for using a camera from with in the software itself...in Word 2010 it's not possible. I'll have to check my desktop for version 2013.

I am using Word 2010 and would like to use the rear-facing cameraon the tablet to take the pic and have it inserted into Word. I was thinking that there would be a function available so I could write a VB script, but i have been unsuccessful at finding this function.

Other than taking a picture and saving it and then using the insert pic method. I don't see what you're asking is possible at the present time. I'm not sure if there is any other type of word software/app that can do that either.

Back