Windows 7 Libraries Folder --> My Documents

awilson

I want to know how to change my registry in order to do the following:

#1 Force all actions that would create/use/edit/modify/(any other verb) any file in the libraries folder to instead preform that action in the My Documents folder instead.

#2 Git rid of the Libraries icon.

In essence I want this awful waste of time (libraries folder) off my comp and for it to work like XP.

(Please no trolling by you Windows 7 fan boys, I hate the new interface, I hate the new task bar, I hate the splitting windows, and I hate the changes to the Control Panel. I hate it so much that I have changed the registry value for Programs and Features and changed it back to Add/Remove Programs, and my task bar looks like Windows 98. The only reason I'm using Windows 7 is for the x64 OS, the fact that I hate mac more, and Ubuntu has some compatibility issues.)

My, My how negative

I want to know how to change my registry in order to do the following:

#1 Force all actions that would create/use/edit/modify/(any other verb) any file in the libraries folder to instead preform that action in the My Documents folder instead.

#2 Git rid of the Libraries icon.

In essence I want this awful waste of time (libraries folder) off my comp and for it to work like XP.

(Please no trolling by you Windows 7 fan boys, I hate the new interface, I hate the new task bar, I hate the splitting windows, and I hate the changes to the Control Panel. I hate it so much that I have changed the registry value for Programs and Features and changed it back to Add/Remove Programs, and my task bar looks like Windows 98. The only reason I'm using Windows 7 is for the x64 OS, the fact that I hate mac more, and Ubuntu has some compatibility issues.)

I understand very well your frustrations with numerous features of Windows 7. I quite share your frustrations myself. I have been using Windows 7 since it first went public beta a year and a half ago. I am still trying to find third party applications and registry tweaks and configuration settings to make it what I think it should have been from the start. (If you are so totally dissatisfied with Windows 7 I would question if a 64 bit OS is worth the frustration. Personally, I want no part of 64 bit, I just don't need the additional frustrations of hardware and software incompatibilities. I use the old stuff.)

Perhaps the link below will guide you through the "Libraries" disabling process. I did this many months ago and it was a great help but fails to completely correct the problem. You will, I do anyway, continue to have difficulty saving your files exactly where you wish to save them because Windows 7 tries to decide for you where they should be hidden. You must be VERY alert and do not allow Windows to save a file to a default location -You may never find it again.

Link Removed - Not Found

Back