Windows 7 Live Mail 2011 Problem

TigerJon73

Hello,

I have set up my wife's email account (TWC Roadrunner address) with Live Mail on our new Win 7 32-bit machine. It is receiving mail fine, but will not send. The attempted sent messages do not appear in the sent or outbox folders, but when I close the program I am asked if I want to send the unsent items. When I click on yes I get the following error message.

An unknown error has occurred.

Server: 'smtp-server.kc.rr.com'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x80070057
Protocol: SMTP
Port: 25
Secure(SSL): No

Any advice on what I have done wrong based on this message? Thank you for any help.

Jon

Hey Jon,

I did a little searching around on the internet and it would appear that error 0x80070057 is caused by an incorrect mail server.. Is it possible a different server is used for sending than receiving?

Hey Jon,
Along with the informatin michell_A gave you I reccamd when you create a new accont with windows life mall 2011.
that you have it configer the setup admidical. It will be an opation on one of your screens. Just don't check configer manally. I fould that I run into less issues that way.
Hope this helps have a nice day
teekgeek212

1. Login to you hotmail account, using a browser, and open profile > security settings. Ensure there SSTP only is NOT checked.

2. What is you Antivirus/Firewall, see the settings if anything is blocking port 25.

3. You may want to submit your question there: Link Removed - Invalid URL

Have a look at the customisable options in your Antivirus program. Disable the option to scan outgoing mail.

Hello,

I have set up my wife's email account (TWC Roadrunner address) with Live Mail on our new Win 7 32-bit machine. It is receiving mail fine, but will not send. The attempted sent messages do not appear in the sent or outbox folders, but when I close the program I am asked if I want to send the unsent items. When I click on yes I get the following error message.

An unknown error has occurred.

Server: 'smtp-server.kc.rr.com'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x80070057
Protocol: SMTP
Port: 25
Secure(SSL): No

Any advice on what I have done wrong based on this message? Thank you for any help.

Jon

Hey Jon,

Try these

incoming mail: pop-server.roadrunner.com
outgoing mail: smtp-server.roadrunner.com

Hi Jon,

I little surching the internet and I found a microsoft support ardical with instruations on how to fix it. Along with a truble stoting steps that may help you out. Try this link:
Link Removed - Invalid URL
Also, I think I found a part that explains what you have been trying to figer out
"
It is possible that an e-mail is stuck in the Outbox folder. In order to resolve this issue, please check your Outbox folder and delete all of its contents before sending a new e-mail.
You might also encounter this issue when your version of Windows Live Mail is outdated. Please verify if you are using the latest version by downloading and installing the latest version from Windows Live Essentials 2011 - Download free Microsoft programs
If the issue is not resolved, please check if you correctly configured your account with your Windows Live Mail. The link below contains detailed steps on how to reconfigure an account:" 1. See if you have Out box visable 2. check all messages and delate them 3. send a test message. 4. don't work, update verson 5. don't work refer to first link.

Let me know if anything is link helps.

Have a great day,
teekgeek212

Back
Top Bottom