Windows 7 Login screen is non-existant

sskoza

I installed Win 7 RC 7100 (Smooth) and Windows Update automatically installed about 16 updates and told me to restart (Fair enough, I want my OS up-to-date) . I restart and here's where the problem comes in. Everthing goes smooth (As it should) until I get past the loading screen with the 4 dots that make up the Microsoft Logo and to where the Green Vista should show up. Guess what, It doesn't show up, neither does the blue login screen. It makes the sounds and everything, but just no visual login screen and there is no interaction except for allowing me to move my mouse around. I can only start in safe mode, and this is starting to get very frustrating. This would happen with Vista when I installed the newest drivers for my Nvidia Geforce 8800GTX, forcing me to use a system restore. I tried a system restore in Win 7, but the only point I can get to is when the critical updates where installed (Black screen with Win 7 RC 7100 in the lower right hand corner) and it basically asked me to re-enter my product key as if it was the first installation. I have a Dell dimension 9200 with a Nvidia Geforce 8800GTX, and 2x1gb plus 2x512mb pre-installed by Dell. PLEASE HELP!!!

I would like to take to time to say that after 2 hours of the problem described above, the login screen has re-appeared. Thank you for taking the time to look at my problem.

Back
Top Bottom