Windows 10 Macrium backup question

Fenway16

Honorable Member
This morning I created a backup boot on a verbatim drive. When it finished it said the following:

CopySingleFile failed c:\boot\macrium\\WinREFiles\media\Boot\boot.sdi
One or more PE Environment files failed to copy to the USB device

Should I redo this with the same drive and format before. Thanks.

Just a straightforward uninstall from windows? Nothing special to load first - some software needs a cleanup installed before uninstalling their programs - Avast comes to mind.
I wonder what the heck happens. It has worked every time and now it fails to create. You don't think just re-formatting the backup drive -- might do the trick? Thanks for your input.

Reason I suggested a reinstall is that failing to copy from the boot image on drive C would imply that the PE files need restoring. Yes I would also clean up after the reinstall - maybe us ccleaner and physically remove the Macrium folder from C:\boot before reinstall if anything remains there.

I went to the uninstall menu and it came up with the following: "remove definitions, settings, and scheduled tasks? "remove logs" "remove windows PE component files?" -- the last one caught my eye. Don't think the first two matter but the last one may be important to remove. Thoughts?

Hi - I checked that after the uninstall and there wasn't anything in C:boot. There is stuff there now since I reinstalled. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom