Windows 10 Macrium backup question

Fenway16

Honorable Member
This morning I created a backup boot on a verbatim drive. When it finished it said the following:

CopySingleFile failed c:\boot\macrium\\WinREFiles\media\Boot\boot.sdi
One or more PE Environment files failed to copy to the USB device

Should I redo this with the same drive and format before. Thanks.

I'd try recreating the PE boot image by removing and reinstalling Macrium Reflect.

Just a straightforward uninstall from windows? Nothing special to load first - some software needs a cleanup installed before uninstalling their programs - Avast comes to mind.
I wonder what the heck happens. It has worked every time and now it fails to create. You don't think just re-formatting the backup drive -- might do the trick? Thanks for your input.

Reason I suggested a reinstall is that failing to copy from the boot image on drive C would imply that the PE files need restoring. Yes I would also clean up after the reinstall - maybe us ccleaner and physically remove the Macrium folder from C:\boot before reinstall if anything remains there.

I went to the uninstall menu and it came up with the following: "remove definitions, settings, and scheduled tasks? "remove logs" "remove windows PE component files?" -- the last one caught my eye. Don't think the first two matter but the last one may be important to remove. Thoughts?

Given the ease with which which you can download and reinstall all from scratch I'd do a full remove of verything.

I just reinstalled Macrium and redid the usb boot portion. Works fine now. Thanks for all the help.

Hi - I checked that after the uninstall and there wasn't anything in C:boot. There is stuff there now since I reinstalled. Thanks.

Back