Windows 7 magicjack issues with 7

FIGHTINGRIPOFFS

hi everyone, i am having real trouble with my magicjack plus. i have tried to do everything
i can to get this thing to work properly.starting from about 20 hours of online chat with so called magicjack techs,to 2 hours of online chat with my router manufacturer.i dont know if even the magicjack is compatible with windows 7. i really rely on this phone system i dont understand why it drops calls and cuts out . does anyone know anything about any of this ? any info would be appreciated
thank you

Hi

I thought that the Magic Jack Plus worked when just plugged into you router even with the computer turned off and didn't have any interaction with Windows?

I was looking into getting one of these and thought that it was independent of your computer.

Some people are reporting that a laptop does't put out enough juice to run it adequately.

If you have already registered it try and just plug it into your router and see if that helps.

Here's a video I found on YouTube.

How To: Set Up MagicJack Plus For Use Without A Computer - YouTube

More research shows that a lot of people who had no problems with the Magic Jack 1 and not having good luck with the Magic Jack 2.
It seems to have more to do with compatibility with the router or modem then with Windows.

Well I can't really find any kind of definitive answer but it may be that you should return it and wait a while until they get this straightened out. There seems to be a lot of problems.

I guess I'll just stick with Skype for now, it always seems to work.

Sorry I can't be more help.

Mike

Link Removed due to 404 Error

Last edited:
I have Magic Jack and Win 7 with AT&T Internet and a router and have never had a problem. It might be your IP causing the issue, your modem or router. Try rebooting your modem and/or router by working with your IP tech support. Let us know how it goes.

You may also want to check the phone line from Magic Jack to your phone or the phone itself. I don't believe the problem is with Magic Jack or Win 7.

Last edited:
Back