Mail Migration from Apple mail to .pst Outlook

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Help and Support' started by Roger Vanek, Oct 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roger Vanek

Roger Vanek New Member

Hello,

I'm trying to export my e-mails from mac mail to outlook 2007.
    Mac mail has .mbox format which outlook 2007 doesn't support.

Does anyone know how to convert .mbox format into .pst format so that I can import my e-mails to outlook 2011?

Thank you.
    Regards.

2. davidhk129

davidhk129 Senior Member

3. Rohn Melton

Rohn Melton Active Member

Hope this post helps you:-

1. Choose Mailbox->Export Mailbox, or choose Export Mailbox from the Action pop-up menu (looks like a gear) at the bottom of the sidebar.
    2. Choose a folder or create a new folder where you want to store the exported mailbox.
    Outlook for Mac:
    3. Choose File->Import Mailboxes. Select the mail application you want to import messages from.

Or you can go for application approach. There are various applications available for this problem. Have look at one I know:-
    Apple Mail to PST Convert - Convert Apple Mail Emails to WIndows Outlook PST

Thank you

4. Steve Nash

Steve Nash Active Member

If your mail account is configured on both systems as an IMAP account since the mail is on the server, both devices would see the same mail.
    That doesn’t apply to your Outlook Contacts or presumably apple Contacts

Or

Try this link : Apple Mail Exports

This is a third party tool that transfers apple mail emails to windows outlook, converting them to .pst format, conserving the folder hierarchy and all the contents and attachments if any in the emails.

Hope this will help you.
    Thank you.

Roger Vanek likes this.
  5. Roger Vanek

Roger Vanek New Member

O liked the third party application and its functioning was superb. Never knew such alternatives are also available online. Thanks for the help. problem solved.:up:

6. mirror51

mirror51 Banned

So many professional software available for MBOX to PST conversion, which can be find out in Google search. I would also like to recommend such an excellent MBOX to PST Converter Software. This software convert MAc mail to Outlook PST format. You can immediately convert MBOX file to PST file within few seconds. For more details about the tool visit http://www.emailconverter.n.nu

7. coopersmithcs1

coopersmithcs1 New Member

Both email client is supported by different OS Machine so manual or direct conversion of it is not probable third party tool is only the solution which can make it very simple and perfect.
    The PCVARE MBOX to PST Converter is helpful for doing this task. I recently used it in my office for Apple Mail to Outlook. Export all Apple Mail or Mac Mail emails by export messages option then move all emails in Window OS and use the Tool to convert MBOX to PST Converter that is reliable solution and you can also try it for getting trust about its conversion.

8. Stephen Ronald

Stephen Ronald New Member

One can convert .mbox files to PST file which is accepted by MAC as well as Windows Outlook editions. To do the conversion, a reliable software is required. You cab use QuickData MBOX to PST Converter which is available free of cost for trial purpose.

9. Andrew Condon

Kevin4546 likes this.
  10. markbutcher87

Hi,
    Yes the email migration from from apple mail to outlook needs a converter which can do the conversion of MBOX to PST.
    As Apple mail creates MBOX file format which is different from MS Outlook as it supports PST format.

There is no free converter available but the users can do the conversion using a thirdy party tool. Apple mail to Outlook Converter is one of them which converts multiple MBOX files to PST in one go with the data intact.

You can download the free demo and check the features:
    Untitled-1.

11. doe5564

doe5564 Banned

Recoveryfix for MBOX to PST software to move several MBOX files into PST file format without making any changes to the original files. This software supports conversion of MBOX files created with several email clients like PocoMail, Thunderbird, Postbox, Apple Mail, PowerMail, etc. This is one of the best software to convert MBOX files into Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003 and all below versions.

Read more at:
    MBOX to PST Converter Software to convert MBOX to PST, EML, MSG, and Office 365

12. ReginaB

ReginaB Banned

For all the Windows users struggling with Outlook data migration, here is a really great and simple tool that will do the best job!! Visit SafePSTBackup site and find more about it!

13. Paul Richard

If you are the users who don’t know to migrate MBOX file into PST file format then use the MBOX to PST Converter Tool which transfer all the data of MBOX file into PST, EML, MSG, RTF and HTML formats without modifying its original data. This tool is also useful if your MBOX file is corrupt and you want to retrieve all its data back.

See more: MBOX to PST Converter Tool

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.