Windows Vista major mysterious shutdown + internet problems

afraca

I've been having this problem since the RC. Since I love windows 7 so much, I've been just ignoring it, but I'm reaching my tolerance limit now.
(It's a really hard to explain problem, so forgive me for being not totally clear)

Whenever I use my computer, I randomly lose internet connection. He just "forgets" my wireless card, as he is unable to see any wireless networks. But that's not just it. When I try to reboot, my computer get's stuck at the "shutting down" screen, I can't do anything except hold the power button for 5 seconds..... I think you all understand that is not how it should be......

Thanks to the event viewer, I've been looking at what was happening "under the hood", but couldn't find a clear pattern. I've saved 4 logs of the last 10 events before the crash. If you guys can find a pattern, or whats wrong, you'd be my hero. Here are my log files of my last 4 crashes:

2shared - download crash1.evtx
2shared - download crash2.evtx
2shared - download crash3.evtx
2shared - download crash4.evtx

(On request i can manually post what's happening @ crash in event viewer)

I've been having this problem since the RC. Since I love windows 7 so much, I've been just ignoring it, but I'm reaching my tolerance limit now.
(It's a really hard to explain problem, so forgive me for being not totally clear)

Whenever I use my computer, I randomly lose internet connection. He just \"forgets\" my wireless card, as he is unable to see any wireless networks. But that's not just it. When I try to reboot, my computer get's stuck at the \"shutting down\" screen, I can't do anything except hold the power button for 5 seconds..... I think you all understand that is not how it should be......

Thanks to the event viewer, I've been looking at what was happening \"under the hood\", but couldn't find a clear pattern. I've saved 4 logs of the last 10 events before the crash. If you guys can find a pattern, or whats wrong, you'd be my hero. Here are my log files of my last 4 crashes:

I have BOTH of the exact same problems. My wireless works for about 15 -20 minutes, then it stops. The only way to restore it is by restarting. Only problem is, when I try to restart, the computer just hangs on a black screen. Shutting down works fine, though. I'm using RC Build 7100. As usual, completely unimpressed by Microsoft.

Whenever I use my computer, I randomly lose internet connection. He just \"forgets\" my wireless card, as he is unable to see any wireless networks. But that's not just it. When I try to reboot, my computer get's stuck at the \"shutting down\" screen, I can't do anything except hold the power button for 5 seconds..... I think you all understand that is not how it should be......

Thanks to the event viewer, I've been looking at what was happening \"under the hood\", but couldn't find a clear pattern. I've saved 4 logs of the last 10 events before the crash. If you guys can find a pattern, or whats wrong, you'd be my hero. Here are my log files of my last 4 crashes:

I've got both of the exact same problems. I wonder why nobody else is complaining about this.

I was having problems like that as well. Although no shutdowns. I am currently running the device with xp drivers installed in compatibility mode. My card is Atheros AR50007eg

Back