Windows 7 Major problem with Windows Live Messenger

ST4RP0W3R

Hello,

I've got a very strange problem with Live Messenger. It seems to be on my computer, but when I go on the Programs and Features list, Windows Live Essentials isn't on there at all (nor is anything else to do with Windows Live). This means I can't fully remove it from my computer. However, I tried installing Windows Live Messenger 2011 but after the installation, no files have been added to the Windows Live folder in Program Files! And when I try loading msnmsgr.exe and signing in, I immediately get the error 80040154 and I can't seem to fix this! I've tried installing and re-registering msxml3.dll as recommended on the Microsoft website, but after several attempts of doing this and restarting the computer, I still get the same error!

I'm really stuck because my computer thinks Messenger is already on the computer but I can't remove it or use it! I want to be able to actually use it; I tried using a portable version to boot off a USB stick but I still get an error, and several processes stop working.

What can I do to fix this problem? Is there a specific file in the System32 folder that is responsible for this? I'd really appreciate any suggestions!

Back
Top Bottom