Windows 7 make text larger when printing a page

schma

I have windows 7, a dell laptop and a photosmart 5510 series printer. I want to know how to make the text larger when the printed page comes out of the printer. Is this a windows problem or a printer problem? Exactly what are the steps I follow to solve this problem? Thank you.

Your description is a little ambiguous in terms of understanding what the underlying problem is. Some questions to clarify:
  • Is the problem with printing a document, a web page, or both?
  • Does the document fill the page appropriately but the font is too small or is the entire printed area too small?
  • Is the application (e.g., browser or word processor), dealing directly with the printer or do you have any form of print control software installed (for example, there is page formatting software and browser add-ons that will remove extraneous stuff from a web page before printing or give you options like formatting the output as a booklet)?
  • Does anything print correctly?
  • Are the printer preferences set to fit the output to the paper and what you are printing is larger than the paper minus the print border?
  • Do you happen to know whether your printer uses internal fonts or treats all print jobs as a picture?
  • Is the printed output normal size and your objective is to magnify it?
  • Did it ever work correctly and now it's not?
  • Do you have a Win 7 compatible printer driver for that specific printer and the printer installed with no problems or the need for special measures?

Hi

Well as Fixer said it depends on what you are printing and where it's from.

Generally the size of the type is determined by the source you are printing from.

If you mean that you want to print text from the web, then copy and paste it into Word, or a word processor program and then increase the size of the type before you print it.

Presumably more than popcorn flew when Regal Cinema patrons in Virginia and New Jersey were shown the 2012 fantasy film Rise of the Guardians last night instead of the eagerly anticipated Marvel superhero flick Guardians of the Galaxy, starring Chris Pratt and Zoe Saldanaand the theater somehow just couldn't get it right!

Presumably more than popcorn flew when Regal Cinema patrons in Virginia and New Jersey were shown the 2012 fantasy film Rise of the Guardians last night instead of the eagerly anticipated Marvel superhero flick Guardians of the Galaxy, starring Chris Pratt and Zoe Saldanaand the theater somehow just couldn't get it right!

It would help to know what you are trying to print.

Mike

It's a problem I constantly have. The text comes out to small or too big... not everything printed as it goes outside borders... not to mention line break.

Not knowing your printer exactly, I choose "Print with system default", don't know it's the correct expression, but it's down in print.

Size of font is, like Mike Hawthorne says, to be adjusted by a word Processor.

Back