Windows 7 Mapping network drives

sunsetcamprl

I'm having issues mapping my network drive. It was once mapped and now it isn't. when asking for the PW, I put it in and it says the server rejects it yet I had it verified. The domain it likes to popup is for the laptop not for the actual server. How do i resolve this? I do openvpn in if that can effect anything.

I'm having issues mapping my network drive. It was once mapped and now it isn't. when asking for the PW, I put it in and it says the server rejects it yet I had it verified. The domain it likes to popup is for the laptop not for the actual server. How do i resolve this? I do openvpn in if that can effect anything.

We could probably use a little more information but try this.....use a format like machinename\username
Credentials should look something like this
USERNAME = TheNameOfTheMachineYou'reTryingToAccess\AValidUserNameOnThatComputer
PASSWORD = A_ValidPasswordForThatUserOnTheMachineYou'reTryingToAccess

If that doesn't work post back and we'll try something else

Tried that. The message that I get is "The specified network password is not correct" yet it is and I have had it verified. When i try to use another account, the domain comes up as my computer's name. I change it by using the advice from the last post but it comes up with the same error message.

Tell us a little bit more about your actual network environment, is it actually a domain and is there a domain server, if so, if so is a Microsoft AD Domain, if not what are you calling a server. Then start simple can you see it in the network map, network neighborhood, my network places (whatever), if not can you ping the server by ip address, by name....need to know a little more so we can help

Tell us a little bit more about your actual network environment, is it actually a domain and is there a domain server, if so, if so is a Microsoft AD Domain, if not what are you calling a server. Then start simple can you see it in the network map, network neighborhood, my network places (whatever), if not can you ping the server by ip address, by name....need to know a little more so we can help

The domain would be \\servername.site.com\username

I can't see it if i look on the network. However, I can get into the database it uses and I use FF to view the images and other parts of it using the http:// side of it. I can ping the server and site name.

I would suggest that you contact whoever is responsible for administering that server and ask him or her about authentication rules and procedures, let them know what it is you are trying to do and certainly they would be able to help...but typically when your trying to access a server somewhere out-there on the web using a browser interface you would typically preface the address with something like
http://
https://
ftp://

Back
Top Bottom