Windows 7 Memory Gets Erased

rac

Yeah, so I upgraded from vista to 7 but the upgrade was working very slow, so I went to do a complete fresh install. And, well, I wanted to keep the registries for some of my installed games because I either lost the install disc or the downloaded installer, and I copied them to another hard drive. Now after the reinstall, I added all the backed up registeries from my previous install(I know, incredibly dumb) to my new install, and well, I put my backed up games back in old folders, and they worked smoothly. But, for some reason, randomly after each night, all my history gets erased. I mean all, like all the browsers, I have IE, FF, and GC, and my windows history, like the recent items, get erased.

Hello !!

Have you scheduled some Tune up Programs like Tunes Up Utilities or CCleaner etc ?? That could be more likely the issue.

- Captain

Hi rac,
check the setting I've highlighted just in case it's enabled..

Are you using any tune up Programs like Tunes Up Utilities or CCleaner etc? If so there might be a setting in program that is deleting memory you need to find out that setting disable it so it doesn't delete memory.

it almost sounds like the registry is write protected (is that possible??), in that the state changes back on reboot.

Have not system restore yet but is there a way to make it unprotected Highwayman? Because i don't want to re-download files or buy another comp. thx n advance

Back