Windows 7 Menu Bar on Windows Live Mail

Press Alt and M simultaneously so that it can toggle Menu bar of the Windows Live Mail on the screen.
To get File menu you have to press Alt and F key together of the keyboard to get the same
Otherwise it is in the small blue square on the left of the shown menu bar(with the downward pointing white arrow)

tried this in past to no success. I wanted to size the font on windows live mail and the view on menu bar allowed it but not on windows7. I think it is a microsoft flaw again

My windows live mail does not have the small blue square anywhere and the ALT does not bring out the menu bar

Hi

One mine I can make the tool bar show or not by right clicking on the small blue question mark in the upper right corner of the screen and selecting or un-selecting "Minimize Ribbon".

Kind of weird way to do it but it works?

I have to say that I found Live Mail to be kind of un-intuitive in the way a lot of it works.
Why not just have a Tools/Options drop-down like everything else.

Mike

I don't think that is what he is after, MIke. He is looking to place the contents of the drop down (The blu square over on the left) onto the top bar.
But thanks for throwing a spanner in my (private) works! LOL. If I click the question mark, I get, as I should, I believe, the help pages pop up! To minimise/maximise, I can use the shortcut key or right click the shown menu

When I right click the ? I get the options to make the menu bar appear and disappear.
If I left click I get help.

Sorry Mike. I missed the "right" click bit. But , as I said, the message is to min/max ther existing menu. What the OP is wanting is the "Options" and other choices in the mentioned drop down.
Personly, I like it as it is and feel Microsoft have, this time, got it almost right.IMo it would add clutter to the exisiting top menu. Particularly as nearly all the options are semi permanent.

Last edited:
Hi

I agree, there is enough stuff up there already.

I'm not sure I understand this exactly but, if you want the items on the drop down to be on the menu bar at the top of the screen.

You can add the items from the drop down to the tool bar just by right clicking on them.

I.e. right click on "Options", select Add to quick access tool bar, and and icon for "Options" will appear on the toolbar.

Mike

Hi Mike. As I read you, you say they appear on the main menu bar? Certainly on the quick access bar but , for me anyway, not on the main bar, which, I believe, is what the op was wanting. Anyway, not important to me and we seem to have lost the op. Thanks for the feedback, Mike.

Hi

I guess I don't see why it matters whether it's on the quick access bar or the main one if you just want an icon at the top of the screen to click on.

Anyway as you said we seem to have lost the OP anyway.

Mike

I believe this is the Menu Bar the OP is referring to;
2nsalwx.jpg

I too, do not have that option, nor will right clicking the "Help" or the other methods mentioned bring up the Menu Bar.

6gd66h.jpg

Right clicking on "Help"
eas9kw.jpg

I really feel this thread is dead, but, just to add, I cannot see that is the menu bar the op wanted. It would have no purpose in the mail program.

I really feel this thread is dead, but, just to add, I cannot see that is the menu bar the op wanted. It would have no purpose in the mail program.

Agreed, especially since the OP has not returned, but that is what a "Menu Bar" looks like, everything/anything else that is placed where the OP is referring to, is a "Tool Bar"

Back