Windows Vista Mic Does Not Work For Vista

i bought a new comp with vista premium on too,when i connect to teamspeak or ventrilo, people say they can hear me, but im extreemly quiet. 1stly double check that your mics arent just extreemly quiet like mine. And if it is, then your in teh same problem as me, n that i cant work out how to make it louder..

eat a dick

Yeah! really great help.. it works really good.. no need to delete existing drivers. Just to carry maintinance of sound drivers.

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your messages !! I had this problem for almost 5months !!

Even I was about to change my OS from Vista to XP back for two reasons,

1. internal or even headset mic not working.
2. performance

But now I am just going to keep the same vista since mic problem is solved and my RAM is 4GB.

I would like to get your suggestions whether to go for XP or it is fine to keep Vista !! I am not a proficient guy in using computers !! Sorry if my question is absurd, but I will be happy to know things which are unknown to me for now !!

Also I would like to use multiple OS with my laptop, expect your suggestions about this too !!

Thanks in advance !!

I have a new Dell Inspiron 518 with Vista 64, and the microphone that worked perfectly with my XP doesn't work with the Vista. I have tried all of the suggestions in the previous posts, including Celestra's, which seemed to work for other folks, but my mic still doesn't work. The computer says that it is working, but it isn't. I even had Dell tech chatting with my online until 1:30 in the morning trying to fix this, but no luck. With all the people having trouble with mic's on Vista, why isn't Microsoft doing something about it?! Can anyone help? :frown:

I have a new Dell Inspiron 518 with Vista 64, and the microphone that worked perfectly with my XP doesn't work with the Vista. I have tried all of the suggestions in the previous posts, including Celestra's, which seemed to work for other folks, but my mic still doesn't work. The computer says that it is working, but it isn't. I even had Dell tech chatting with my online until 1:30 in the morning trying to fix this, but no luck. With all the people having trouble with mic's on Vista, why isn't Microsoft doing something about it?! Can anyone help? :frown:

Hi! You have a nice machine.... A lot of bang for the buck. I've heard it comes installed with Vista X64 ? Have you tried updating or.... re-installing your Drivers ? Both Microphone and Sound Card Drivers...... You might try: Control Panel>Speech Recognition Options> Set up microphone> Set-up Microphone Wizard. (I made sure my microphone was compatible with voice recognition. It works great, under ten dollars. One draw back, can't use in noisy room)

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your messages !! I had this problem for almost 5months !!

Even I was about to change my OS from Vista to XP back for two reasons,

1. internal or even headset mic not working.
2. performance

But now I am just going to keep the same vista since mic problem is solved and my RAM is 4GB.

I would like to get your suggestions whether to go for XP or it is fine to keep Vista !! I am not a proficient guy in using computers !! Sorry if my question is absurd, but I will be happy to know things which are unknown to me for now !!

Also I would like to use multiple OS with my laptop, expect your suggestions about this too !!

Thanks in advance !!
Hi! Don't go back to XP.... You didn't say what OS you want to boot with ? Here's something you might want to look at: Dual Boot Installation with Windows 7 and Vista - Windows 7 Forums Windows 7 is available on trial right now...

Hi! Don't go back to XP.... You didn't say what OS you want to boot with ? Here's something you might want to look at: Dual Boot Installation with Windows 7 and Vista - Windows 7 Forums Windows 7 is available on trial right now...

Hi Celestra,

Thanks for your reply !! I am thinking of install ubuntu 8.x distribution of Linux !!

It would be great if I get more idea about performance and other such things before I really go for installation !!

Thanks again !!

Regards
Senthilkumar Arumugam

Hi! You have a nice machine.... A lot of bang for the buck. I've heard it comes installed with Vista X64 ? Have you tried updating or.... re-installing your Drivers ? Both Microphone and Sound Card Drivers...... You might try: Control Panel>Speech Recognition Options> Set up microphone> Set-up Microphone Wizard. (I made sure my microphone was compatible with voice recognition. It works great, under ten dollars. One draw back, can't use in noisy room)

Thanks for your response. I had already tried reinstalling all the drivers that were available, and I had gone through the "Set up microphone" procedure. Still no luck. Mine is a fairly inexpensive microphone also, but I'm wondering if I should just go to Walmart and buy another one that was manufactured more recently, since mine is several years old. But I've been surfing the web for suggestions on this, and I've found that even the popular Logitech USB desktop mic, which gets great reviews from most users, gets angry responses from Vista users who complain that it doesn't work at all with Vista. Why hasn't Microsoft addressed this issue?????

Thanks for your response. I had already tried reinstalling all the drivers that were available, and I had gone through the "Set up microphone" procedure. Still no luck. Mine is a fairly inexpensive microphone also, but I'm wondering if I should just go to Walmart and buy another one that was manufactured more recently, since mine is several years old. But I've been surfing the web for suggestions on this, and I've found that even the popular Logitech USB desktop mic, which gets great reviews from most users, gets angry responses from Vista users who complain that it doesn't work at all with Vista. Why hasn't Microsoft addressed this issue?????

What kind of microphone do you have? An older mic may need a special configuration or download. Does it say Sigma tel audio or Realtek ?

Hi Celestra,

Thanks for your reply !! I am thinking of install ubuntu 8.x distribution of Linux !!

It would be great if I get more idea about performance and other such things before I really go for installation !!

Thanks again !!

Regards
Senthilkumar Arumugam

This may give you an idea of what's involved. I hope you plan to take classes! Link Removed - Invalid URL

This may give you an idea of what's involved. I hope you plan to take classes! How to install Ubuntu when Vista is already installed? - Guides & Tutorials

Hi Celestra,

Thanks for your reply !! I found that as useful !! You have any idea about performance while having dual OS ?? Also, I would like to know about installing drivers after installing ubuntu !!

How to avail space for shrink ?? I find 0 MB available now to shrink !! Though I have around 100GB free in my C drive, I cannot get an option to shrink volume now !! How can I avail space to shrink C drive and install ubuntu ??

Thanks in advance !!

Regards
Senthilkumar Arumugam

Hi Celestra,

Thanks for your reply !! I found that as useful !! You have any idea about performance while having dual OS ?? Also, I would like to know about installing drivers after installing ubuntu !!

How to avail space for shrink ?? I find 0 MB available now to shrink !! Though I have around 100GB free in my C drive, I cannot get an option to shrink volume now !! How can I avail space to shrink C drive and install ubuntu ??

Thanks in advance !!
Benchmarked: Ubuntu vs Vista vs Windows 7 | TuxRadar Link Removed - Invalid URL
http://www.pcstats.com/articleview.cfm?articleID=1778-52k

Hi Celestra,

Thanks in advance !!
Benchmarked: Ubuntu vs Vista vs Windows 7 | TuxRadar Link Removed - Invalid URL
Beginners Guides: Formatting and Partitioning a Hard Drive - PCSTATS.com-52k

Here's a forum to help you: Link Removed - Invalid URL And: This mans experience may help... Dual Boot Ubuntu and Vista on Dell Inspiron 1720 | David Grant

Back