Windows 7 Microsoft Elite Bluetooth problem

chaswerner

hi,

i am having problems getting the microsoft elite keyboard and mouse for bluetooth working in WIN7.

after alot of struggles, the computer recognizes the Microsoft Wireless Transceiver for Bluetooth 2.0 dongle. The bluetooth services are on. The discovery and connections boxes in the bluetooth settings are all enabled. I am using the latest versions of intellipoint and intellitype pro for WIN7 from the microsoft site.

i can't find any devices. i've tried 2 keyboards and a mouse. when i add a device the computer never sense any devices. It continues to display "searching for devices...make sure your device is discoverable." I hit the buttons to make them discoverable with no luck. I turned on my cell's bluetooth and neither seemed to sense each other.

i tried it with another transceiver earlier, but could never seem to resolve driver issues. I had hoped the Microsoft dongle would eliminate the issues.

any thoughts?

thanks,
charlie

a little more info. the keyboard and mouse can be seen and used by another computer. the transceiver on the win7 computer can be seen by another computer. however, the win7 computer can't discover any devices.

Last edited:
Back